Dad Steve

Steve didn't love the idea of leaving you alone with Bucky, but it was either that or leave one of Tony's robots to take care of you and he definitely trusted Bucky more.

"Okay, make sure she takes her medication. One before bed and one after breakfast, they're very very important so do not forget, okay?" Steve said as he packed got the week long mission.

"I've got this, punk. She's a kid, they're easy." He said as Steve scoffed.

"Y/N isn't just any kid, Buck. She has issues and she needs specific care, okay?" He said as Bucky sighed and nodded.

"Yes, I know. I promise I will take great care of her. You've left a list as long as my arm, so I think we'll be safe." He joked making Steve chuckle softly.

He couldn't help but be nervous for the first time leaving you alone.

"Okay, I better get going." Steve said as you rushed out of your room.

"Bye, daddy!" You shouted, jumping up into his arms to hug him tightly.

"Bye, sweetheart. I'll miss you so much, you be good for Uncle Bucky, okay?" He said kissing your forehead as you nodded.

He put you down and you stood beside Bucky and waved everyone goodbye.

"So, what should we do first?" He asked as you looked up at him and smiled.

"Can we bake a cake?" You asked as Bucky chuckled.

"Well, I can't bake and neither can you. But, Tony has fire extinguishers. Sure, why not."

--

The first day wasn't going as bad as Bucky thought, but Steve had warned Bucky it would get rough.

And that night it wasn't easy, you sat up in your bed crying your eyes out.

Bucky sat beside you as you cried.

"Steve will be back soon, okay? I know you miss him, doll." He said gently rubbing your back.

It was safe to say you had some abandonment issues.

"Do you want a hug?" Bucky asked as you nodded a little and climbed onto his lap.

He hugged you tightly and gently rocked you back and forth.

"It's okay, sweetheart. Just let it all out, okay?" He said, running his hand through your hair.

"I want daddy to come home." You whispered through your tears.

"I know, but he has some things to do. I promise to make this week as fun as possible. So, why don't we go down to the main room and play some video games?" He asked as you wiped your tears.

"But it's my bed time." You replied making him chuckle.

"I won't tell if you won't." He said as you giggled and nodded.

--

The week surprisingly went by fast, the team was finally returning.

You waited excitedly and as soon as the elevator door opened you ran forward.

"Daddy!" You shouted rushing to jump into Steve's arms.

Tony's eyes widened as he looked around at the absolute mess that the tower was.

"Oh my god... What the hell happened?" Tony asked as Bucky smiled.

"I took care of Y/N all by myself!" Bucky said as Steve chuckled.

"Yeah, and it looks like..." Tony was cut off when Steve jabbed him in the ribs.

"Bucky took care of Y/N all by himself, and we're proud of him for that." Steve grumbled as Tony rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, of course. You did a great job Bucky." Tony muttered staring at the mess.

You hugged Steve and started telling him everything that had happened, he could barely understand you but from what he heard it sounded like a fun week.