The Winter Soldier / Cold Blood

You ran as fast as you could along the streets on New York City, you could hear screaming and gunshots all around you.

You knew he wouldn't be far behind you, when it came to Hydra or the Winter Soldier they would kill everyone to get to you.

You found an alleyway and ran down it, hiding behind a trash can as you cried softly, covering your mouth so you wouldn't be too loud.

Suddenly someone grabbed your wrist painful tight and yanked you from your hiding place.

The soldier slammed you against the wall as you cried out in pain, his blade plunged into your abdomen as you screamed.

You cried softly as he stared into your eyes.

He dropped you onto the ground and you fell into a heap, crying in pain before the solider slowly walked away out of the alleyway.

You curled up in the alleyway as you gripped your side and tried to stop the bleeding.

You continued to cry until you saw someone rushing down the alleyway towards you.

"Hey, stay with me. Tony, I've got a wounded hydra agent." He said as you looked up and noticed it was Captain America.

"I can't go back." You whispered as he slowly picked you up, causing you to cry out in pain.

"It's okay, just try to relax and focus on me." He said, walking out of the alleyway.

You were confused why he was being so kind to you even though you were a Hydra agent.

You began to cry even more as you gripped onto his arm.

"I don't want to die... Please." You begged as he looked down at you sadly.

"You won't die, you'll be okay." He said as you rested against his body and closed your eyes.

"The soldier... He won't stop." You muttered, partially rambling from loss of blood.

"You're talking about Bucky, aren't you?" He said as you looked up at him.

"Bucky..." You whispered, only now finding out the winter soldiers real name.

Tony finally caught up with Steve and took you from him.

"Keep her in our infirmary, she knows things about Bucky." Steve said as Tony nodded and flew you back to the tower.

He gave you over to Bruce who restrained you to a bed and got to work making sure you didn't die.

--

When you woke up again, both your arms were restrained to the bed as you groaned, the sedation wearing off.

You looked beside you to see Steve and Tony talking.

When Steve saw you were awake he came over and smiled.

"I'm Steve by the way." He said as you smiled a little.

"I didn't really have a name... It was just Agent Eight. But... I don't know you can come up with a name." You said making him chuckle a little.

"How about Lacy? I watched a movie with a character with that name and she reminds me of you." He said making you laugh softly.

"Lacy is perfect. Why aren't you more hostile towards me? I mean I'm a hydra agent." You muttered, right from the start Steve had been kind and you didn't understand why.

"I don't know... When I saw you, I didn't see a hydra agent. I saw a girl scared to die." He muttered as you nodded a little.

"Well, thank you. I'm sure you have a lot of questions." You said before Tony practically burst through the doors.

"Damn right we do! And you're going to answer them or I'll hurt you!" He said as Steve groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Tony, she's cooperating." Steve said as Tony looked at him and then to you.

"Oh, right. Well, that's good." He said, his demeanour completely changing making you chuckle softly.

"So, what was Hydra's goal tonight? Why did they reveal themselves to everyone and try to kill at random?" Tony asked as you sighed.

"I don't know the full extent, but it was something to do with a show of brutality and power and a distraction for something else... I had it planned for months, that I would escape while all of it was happening. One agent saw me escape and ordered the solider to kill me." You explained as they nodded.

"Did you know Bucky?" He asked as you looked at him sadly.

"Not much... We didn't work together that much, I mainly worked as a medic. But, I knew he was an important part to hydra, I also knew he was one of the hardest to break. Even after all those years he still had memories...they tortured him more than anyone." You replied as Steve looked away for a moment, you knew it would've been hard for him to hear this about his long lost best friend.

"He escaped the agents apparently after he tried to kill you he cut out his chip and went missing." Tony said as you nodded.

"Well, that's good... It gives you guys a good chance to find him." You said as Steve nodded, Tony looked at you in thought.

"I don't get it... You're so normal. I expected you to be cold hearted or at least traumatised." He muttered as you chuckle softly.

"Well... My life has been traumatic since the moment I was born, I guess I just learnt how to act when I needed to. I acted submissive and obedient in Hydra to avoid punishment, and now with you guys I'm acting mature and informative so you can get the answers you need. I've acted like somebody else for so long I'm not sure who I am... But, I think somewhere in there I'm just a scared little girl begging for forgiveness for what I've done." You replied as they both looked at you sadly.

"That's understable. We're here to help you, Shield captured a few other Hydra agents. But, for now we'll keep you here and try our best to make everyone think you're dead." Steve said as you nodded and smiled.

"Thank you..."