CHAPTER NINE - TEXT.

I was walking to my next class, and that conversation from yesterday was stuck in my head. Now that I've come to my senses, what even was that? I feel like it was a scene straight out of a romantic tragedy movie or something.

But at the same time, I couldn't stop feeling giddy about it. Craig made me feel emotions I've never felt before, or at least haven't felt so strongly. Stuck in a daze, I hadn't noticed I've bumped into someone. Why did this keep happening?

This time, it wasn't Craig. It was Stan. "Ky, what happened back there?" He asked, his face full of concern. I suddenly realized what I had done, I'd completely ditched Stan for Craig without a notice or a word at all. I felt guilt suddenly wash over me.

"Sorry," I began to apologize, "Craig... He..." I paused, I don't know what exactly had happened. It was just so surreal. Everything that happened that led up to this moment didn't feel real at all. I shook my head, I had to tell Stan at least. He was my best friend and the only person supporting me through this.

I explained to him the situation, and he quietly listened as I spoke. I was thankful he wasn't interrupting me. He was also shocked by the whole ordeal, "Wow," he added, "I don't know what to say." He pondered on his next words, I smiled. "This is a good thing, though, right? I mean, as much as I dislike Craig, I should still support you if you're into that..."

I quickly punched his arm, "Don't start." I nagged, I wasn't going to allow the guy who has been hung up over the same girl since forever, begin lecturing me over my love life.

He yelped from the pain and began rubbing his arm, dramatically acting as if he was going to die. I had a strong arm, but it's not like my punches are going to affect a literal althete that badly. I rolled my eyes as he continued to whine. Suddenly, I spotted Craig in the hall.

I felt shy for some reason. He glazed over at me, noticing my gaze. He smiled and gave me a small wave, making me feel extremely flustered. I quickly turned the other way and began walking faster.

What is wrong with me? I feel like a high school girl who just got her first crush. I sighed, trying to calm my heart down as I continued to walk. Stan noticed my reaction and quickly began teasing me again. He kept saying how red my face was and poking me, I slapped his hand away and kept walking faster.

I unconsciously touched my face. Was it really that red? No, Stan's probably just lying to bother me again.

-ღ-

I was scrolling through my phone as I walked to the cafe nearby. I had my earbuds in, listening to music. I quietly hummed it as I roamed around. I went in and sat down, looking at the menu. "The coffee looks good, but it's so bitter.. Maybe a latte or a cold drink would be better. But it's too cold outside for it..." I continued to mutter my options to myself.

I turned off my music to focus better, and suddenly, I heard someone quietly laugh near me. I immediately whipped my head to the look at them. It was David. I suddenly felt awkward, we hadn't talked since that last incident, and I don't know how to face him since I literally bawled my eyes out on call with him.

"Hey David," I awkwardly spoke, unsure on how to go about this. He seemed to notice it and sat down in front of me. "You don't have to be so awkward around me, Kyle." He spoke, seemingly hurt by my tone. Panicked now, I was about to apologize, but he began to laugh again, "I was just messing with you! You don't have to be so on guard." He teased giving me a charming smile. I felt a wave of embarrassment run through me. 

I cleared my throat, "Anyways," I began, "Sorry about that, the phone call I mean. I was going through something that morning, but it's all good now." I gave him a lazy grin, I didn't want to exhaust him with the whole ordeal, nor did I really want to talk about it. So it's probably best to just shake it off as it never happened. He nodded, understanding what I meant, "I see, still..." He continued, "Sorry about ditching you that night. After all, I was the one who wanted to come along." He grinned while scratching his head, feeling guilty.