GOD SHIVA MARRIAGE

It is mentioned in Hindu mythology that Lord Shiva had four marriages.

He had done all these marriages with Adishakti only. Lord Shiva first married Mata Sati who was the daughter of Prajapati Daksha.But, when Lord Shiva was insulted in front of Sati who arrived uninvited in her father's Yagya, she sacrificed her life in the Yagya Kund itself. In such a situation, Lord Shiva wandered for many days carrying the dead body of Mata Sati. Wherever the dead body of Mata Sati fell, 51 Shaktipeeths were built there.

Lord Shiva was deeply saddened by the separation of Mata Sati. Many years after this tragic event, Lord Shiva was married again, this time to his better half, Goddess Parvati.

Goddess Parvati was the daughter of Himalaya. She was married to Lord Shiva at a very young age considering him as her husband and she was later married to Lord Shiva. Goddess Parvati had to do severe penance to get Lord Shiva as her husband. Lord Ganesha is the son of Mata Parvati. Goddess Parvati is Mata Durga.

In our scriptures, Goddess Uma has been described as the third wife of Lord Shiva. Goddess Uma is also known as the Goddess of the land. Maa Uma Devi is the goddess of kind and simple heart. She soon becomes happy when worshipped.

Maa Mahakali, the fourth wife of Lord Shiva, has been told. He killed the terrible demons on this earth. Years ago, there was such a demon whose blood, if a drop of it fell on the earth, thousands of raktabeej would have been born. It was not in the control of any deity to put this demon to sleep. Then Mata Mahakali saved all the three worlds by killing this terrible demon.

Mata anger was not calming down even after killing Raktabeej, then Lord Shiva lay down at her feet and by mistake Maa Mahakali's foot was placed on Lord Shiva's chest. After this his anger subsided.