GOD VISHNU

According to the story related to the birth of Lord Vishnu in Shiv Puran, Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati were roaming around in the past

According to the story related to the birth of Lord Vishnu in Shiv Puran, Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati were roaming around in the past. That's why the thought came in the mind of Shiv ji that there should be some other person in this earth.

Hearing this, Adi Shakti said to Lord Shiva that hey! Lord, then what kind of doubt do you have in your thoughts? You are the protector of this world who thinks for the good of the whole world. Shiv ji touched his left limb with nectar after listening to the idea of Adi Shakti. After touching the nectar, a man was born who illuminated the whole world in a moment. This is how Lord Vishnu originated in this world.

Seeing Lord Vishnu, Bholenath said that hey! Vats, this world became bright because of you, so I name you Vishnu. Vishnu ji said after listening to Shiv ji! Lord what is my order? On this Lord Shiva ordered him to do penance. Water originated in the world due to the penance of Lord Vishnu, because of which life became possible. This is how Lord Vishnu was born and since then he is known as the preserver of the universe.

Lord Vishnu's abode in Kshir Sagar is in Baikunth Lok, where Shri Hari sits on the seat of Sheshnag. It is also said that the Sheshnag present in Kshir Sagar has taken care of the weight of the earth. The religious importance of Kshir Sagar has also been told in mythological scriptures.

Vishnu's vehicle Garuda

It is believed that there was a species of vulture (Garuda) which was considered intelligent and its job was to carry the message from here to there, as pigeons have also been doing this work since ancient times.  Garuda is the vehicle of Lord Vishnu.  Prajapati Kashyap's wife Vinata had two sons - Garuda and Arun.  Garudji went to the shelter of Vishnu and Arunji became the charioteer of Surya.