𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮

"Then they just kept on stabbing him, which honestly I understand why because if I was in a box for over a century I'd be a tiny bit cranky." The dark red-haired girl spoke while painting Caroline's nails. It was after hours but the two had nothing to do, well more like Sheridan had nothing to do, Caroline just ambushed her into free labour.

"He seems to have taken a liking to you, Cherry-pop," Caroline spoke back to the girl taking a break from singing along to the music on the radio. Finally, the girl had finished with the painting and put her nails underneath the dryer standing up to grab her phone from behind the counter.

"Well, he can take that liking and stick it back to wherever it came from," Sheridan told Caroline, who thanked the woman who was now standing looking through her phone, answering unopened messages most likely from Damon's spam about his unethical actions throughout the day.

"It's not like I've got anything to do today really, I'm thankful for the company," The woman spoke back, the statement making Caroline raise her perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"Wait are you not going to the ball?" Caroline questioned not believing what she was hearing.

"Right, I'm sick of hearing about this ball, they do realise this is the 2000s and not the 1600s, I don't have a ballgown just lying around at home and frankly I'm not interested in going through all the hassle of retrieving one," Sheridan responded already sensing the berating she was about to receive from the girl. The dryer had now turned off, and Caroline opted to apply the top coat herself to not inconvenience the salon owner anymore.

"Well if you were have a dress-"Caroline was quickly interrupted by a knock on the back door to the salon causing both parties to look at each other confused. There was no reason for anyone to be knocking at any of the doors due to the salon obviously being closed and especially the back door. Bracing themselves the girls grabbed the handle and opened it on the count of three only to find a box on the floor instead of a person, which is what they expected. They both exhaled, glad that it was not a burglar as they expected.

"Well open it," Caroline said

"No, I'm scared you open it"

"No, you-"

"No, you-"

"No, you-"

"Fine, let's let the one that won't heal from a potential explosion open the suspicious box," Sheridan rolled her eyes but she decided to be brave, hoping that it was not a parcel bomb or some human waste in a box like what happened to poor Matt Donovan that one time. She opened the box with closed eyes and waited for around 5 seconds, peaking with one eye capturing both an inside view of the box and Caroline's shocked face.

"What even is that?" The redhead couldn't it make out at first, thinking for a few seconds before realising.

"Are you kidding me, it's a dress" Sheridan deadpanned, she was not amused at all. Caroline looked between her and the box multiple times before demanding

"Well take it out of the box."

"Is this actually for real?" Her jaw fell agape as she looked into the box, "It's like being stalked, honestly."

|
꧁★꧂
|

"Well does it fit?" Caroline questioned standing in front of the curtain of the back room, eager to see the dress on.

"It fits perfectly that's the problem."
Sheridan huffed out "What absolute freak takes the time and effort to figure out my exact measurements."

"It could've been Damon?" Caroline tried to reason with the girl. Sheridan responded back dismissively "Damon would have told me and used it to his advantage for a free bottle of the new hair conditioner I had shipped in"