𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

"We need to talk," Damon said as soon as she answered the phone, not giving her something as simple as even a hello.

"No hello, no 'I'm sorry'." Sheridan retorted back, it had been a few days since she heard from the man, doing her best to keep her distance. She sat in bed, her cat, Rufus, lying on her lap, leaning into her touch as she spoke to the man on the other side of the phone.

"Where have you been? I've been calling all day." Damon had an impatient sound in his voice, knowing that Sheridan had likely been avoiding him.

Rufus meowed on Sheridan's lap as he heard the man's voice, rolling onto his back and giving a loud meow.

"Cher-"

"Don't call me that, Damon," Sheridan replied, smiling at the cat as she paused the TV.

"Sheridan," The man corrected.

"Whatever. Just answer the question." Damon let out an angry sigh, he hated speaking on the phone.

"Where have you been? You avoided me yesterday, and the day before," He paused, waiting for Sheridan to speak, Rufus meowed once again, scratching his claws on the blanket.

"I have a life, unlike you I don't just sit around in a bar all day, me and Alaric actually have lives, you do know that right?" Sheridan responded.

"I don't just sit around," Damon responded back, letting out a small laugh, "I've been busy."

"Busy?" Sheridan asked, "Doing what?"

Damon let out another laugh, "Just things. Important things."

"I don't want to hear it Damon," She sighed, "I'm not in the mood to speak to you right now."

"Tough, you better get in the mood because I need to talk to you. Something important came up." Damon let out a grunt as he started to pace around his room, waiting for Sheridan to respond.

"Something important my ass, I'm not being bait for another Mikaelson," She spoke, "Why don't you take up a hobby, like cooking or something and not spend your time winding up ancient vampires that will just kill you?"

"I'm not asking you to be bait," Damon argued, "Just listen to what I have to say."

Rufus let out another meow, scratching at Sheridan's leg as she spoke. Damon took another glance at the clock, getting more and more annoyed at how long the phone call was going on.
"Sheridan I don't get why you're so upset." His voice hardened in frustration.

"No, Damon you never understand, do you? It doesn't matter that you once again put my life in danger, who knows what Klaus could have done to me, but no you decided my life wasn't as important as getting a one-up on the Mikaelson's." She paused, "When you asked me to come to the Grill I thought it was to apologise for practically degrading me in front of people, but no you lied and said it was that Caroline needs to speak with me, once again your priorities come first." She ranted, sick of his behaviour recently

"Sheridan-"

"No, goodbye now," She hung up the phone and laid back down in bed. "You're the only male I like." Rufus purred back at her in content with this statement

Her phone then for the second time of the day rang again this time the name being Bonnie.

"Hey Bon, what's going on?" Sheridan asked, picking at her nails.

"Is it ok if I come over?" Bonnie asked, sounding extremely upset. Sheridan's smile of joy quickly turned into a frown of concern, wondering what could've upset Bonnie this much.

"Of course you can, the doors always open for you." She answered, her tone becoming softer, Sheridan had very rarely heard Bonnie sound like this, so she knew something bad had happened and that was probably what Damon was trying to tell her about earlier.