𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

Putting the pieces together Sheridan now knew where she stood with Damin right now, after a long and tiring day at work, the girl was feeling a bit down and frustrated. To lift her mood, she decided to pamper herself with a self-care routine. With some new hair dye, she picked up some snacks and headed back home. Once there, she made herself comfortable in the bed with her cat, Rufus, and started binge-watching 'Sabrina The Teenage Witch'. As she applied the hair dye, she found herself getting more and more engrossed in the show. The whole experience helped her relax, forget her worries, and feel better about herself.

A knock on the door was what brought her out of the comfortable loneliness only to be greeted by a sulky hybrid on her doorstep.

"Sheridan..." He spoke up in a soft tone almost as if he was surprised to see her at her own house.

"Klaus." She said meekly, after what had happened earlier on in the night she knew the man was simply unpredictable, how quickly he could turn on someone.

"May I come in?" He asked, an emotion that could almost be seen as pleading in his eyes, but she knew better; she knew that he would never beg; she knew he would never even feel anything similar to empathy, well that was her opinion.

"I think it's for the best if you don't, Klaus." She paused, "Why are you here?"

"I needed to apologise." He said after a long pause. "I just needed to know...did you know what you were doing?" He questioned hoping for the answer he suspected.

"Did I know what Klaus?" It was hard for the woman not to feel a slight empathy for the man as this was the first time she had ever seen him this vulnerable, "You think I'd have put myself in a situation to get choked out?" Never would anyone have thought that Klaus Mikaelson would have had so much humanity, that maybe 1000 years worth of betrayal and lies would have numbed him to the pain, but she realised in this exact moment that somewhere deep inside maybe he was still somewhat normal.

"My mother..." he paused "We were linked, she said we were abominations," Klaus said hesitating before continuing.

"For all my life I had been made to feel like an abomination, I thought that maybe she saw me differently but no, to her too I'm an abomination." He stared out at nothing in particular. Sheridan sat beside him, hand on his shoulder caressing it for a source of comfort.

Sheridan felt sorry for the man before her, she couldn't help but be nice to him despite everything, a part of her felt a strange sense of trust, or maybe just that she wanted to.

They sat in silence, both unsure of what to say, eventually, Sheridan turned to face him taking in his every little movement, he seemed so vulnerable, she'd never seen him like that before, he looked so broken.

With no other words spoken, she laid her head against his shoulder.

"Well at least you're not dead," She broke the silence, "You'll probably get to live another 1000 years."

"Is that supposed to be an insult, sweetheart?" he said, teasing her, his grip around her shoulders tightened slightly, yet in a comforting way, he took comfort in the fact that she felt comfortable enough to be herself again.

"I mean come on, you expected her to be that forgiving after being dead for 1000 years after, and wait, this is the best part, you ripping her heart out," She kissed her teeth after her words.

A smirk slowly appeared on his lips, he enjoyed seeing her get this worked up, he would usually be the one to say the sort of snarky comments she said.

"She wasn't even supposed to find out, it was just supposed to be a quick little job and done, back to the living." he paused before speaking again, "Do you have any idea how it feels to have to kill your own mother?..."He was asking more out of himself than at her but she could answer nevertheless.