intro

DAPHNE DEAN and CAITLIN CLARK couldn't be more opposite on the outside

DAPHNE DEAN and CAITLIN CLARK couldn't be more opposite on the outside. Caitlin was a basketball player while Daphne was a cheerleader. Daphne was energetic and extroverted while Caitlin always chose to stay to herself and keep her circle small. That's why it shocked all of Dowling Catholic High School when the girls became inseparable. Obviously at a Catholic school having a lesbian relationship wasn't the most accepted but everyone could tell.

Daphne and Caitlin were always together. Even on the court, Daphne was on the sidelines with her pom poms cheering her girlfriend on. Even if Caitlin was a year older than the blonde girl she still walked her to every class and drove her to and from school. You could even tell by how their eyes shined when they looked at one another that it was true love.

The problem came when it was time for Caitlin to decide on her next step after high school, being a year older than her girlfriend. Universities had been offering the basketball player opportunities all over the country but Caitlin decided on staying home and going to the University of Iowa. That decision made Daphne the happiest person on the planet knowing the girl she loved was staying close by but she was proven wrong when Caitlin dumped her right before she left, not willing to fight for them.

A heartbroken Daphne was left to finish high school alone and when it came time for her to pick she settled on the furthest option she could, New York University. She loved it and she even got popular for how she danced and cheered. She was the captain of the dance and cheer teams and couldn't have been happier. No one in New York even mentioned the popular basketball player she once knew.

But when Daphne has an identity crisis and needs to be back home she drunkenly accepts the spot offered to her at The University of Iowa. All her friends are there, her family is there but the one person she dreads seeing most is also there. And just so happens to be one of the most popular players at the time. And Daphne has to cheer her on, the same way she did in high school.