1- lover

"I've loved you three summers now honey, but I want them all"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"I've loved you three summers now honey, but I want them all"

 daphne

past- February 2020 ; narrative

"Cait, come on we're gonna be late." I screamed at the girl who was still struggling to find her jersey. She had spent the night at my house and was the worst at keeping track of her things. We were supposed to be at the school in 10 minutes to get ready for the game, me with my cheerleading uniform on and Caitlin's oversized hoodie to protect myself from the windy Iowa weather. 

"Ok I got it." She walked over to me, standing by the door and pulling her jersey over her head in the process. Usually she would drive but I decided to take her spot this time seeing as her hair was still down and messy instead of the usual high ponytail, a sign that she was nowhere near being ready.

While I sped to our school where the game was being held, Cait put her hair in her famous high ponytail, using the car mirror to make it look as good as she could before putting on a white headband to keep her hair from falling into her eyes. Thankfully the school wasn't far from my house and we were only 5 minutes late. I jumped out of the car, my duffel bag in hand. I didn't want to deal with another lecture from the coach about being late, especially since I'm the captain, it set a bad example.

Before I walked through the main doors Cait grabbed my arm and spun me around, attaching her lips to mine quickly. Most of the girls on the cheer squad and basketball team knew of me and Cait and accepted it but we still didn't want to risk it. The kiss was quick and soon enough we were both walking onto the court. Me to the girls practicing in the corner and Cait to her team shooting around. We definitely got some smirks and looks as we walked in late together but most people were used to it.

Coach just gave me a knowing look. Technically she couldn't get mad because I came up with the routine the girls had been practicing leading up to today's game. I taught all the girls and prepared them the right way. Even Coach J was impressed with how coordinated we looked compared to last year.

When the other school's team and cheerleaders walked in most of us took a seat. The basketball teams going to the locker rooms to get ready. Cait walked up to me. Some 'ooo's could be heard from the girls next to me as Cait put her hand on my lower back lightly.

"Good luck love." I whispered to her as she stood behind me. All the girls sitting in front of me had smirks on their faces. That's what I loved about them. We had become a family, I trusted them with my life, and with my relationship.

"Thanks pretty." She rubbed my back before taking her hand off and walking backwards to the locker room, eyes still on me. I turned to lock eyes with her and she grabbed her necklace in her palm. Holding the 'D' pendant on the end in her hand tightly before she pressed a kiss to her hand and dropped the necklace under her jersey, disappearing into the locker room.

She always had that necklace on. Ever since I'd given it to her for her 17th birthday last year she said it was her good luck charm. She kissed it before every game and no matter how many times I'd seen her do it my face still went pink seeing her kiss the hand that held my initial.

I sat down with the rest of the girls as we waited for the game to start. Iowa was really good at supporting the women's teams so the gym was full of people. We started to hype up the crowd, doing the routine we'd been practicing for weeks. Next both teams came out, cheering especially loud for Caitlin who was the talk of the city. Her eyes shot to me, giving me a small wink and walking to the bench where her team was getting a pep talk.

The game went quick, Caitlin scoring over 20 points and glancing at me after every shot. There was no doubt Cait was talented. Universities had been begging for her to come play since freshman year but she had decided on staying home at the University of Iowa. Most people I knew were going there too. Even my brother was already there so Caitlin's decision to go there was one I was very supportive of. It also meant that we wouldn't be dealing with too much distance between us. I would finish my last year of highschool and then join her at the university.

The game ended with yet another win from our school. The basketball team went to change out of their sweaty clothes and most of the cheerleaders just went home right away. I was usually the only one waiting after the games, besides parents. 

One by one the girls walked out of the locker room and to their cars or families waiting. Cait usually spent most of her time socializing and making jokes with the other girls instead of changing so we were last to leave everyday. I didn't mind. Caitlin seemed confident on the court but off the court she couldn't be different, her only real friends being the basketball team since she never opened up to anyone else. 

Finally I saw my girlfriend walk out of the locker room with one of the girls, a bright smile on her face before the other girl walked away and out of the gym and Cait ran to me lifting me into her arms. She spun me around with her arms wrapped around my waist. This was her usual routine after they won. Even if they lost, Cait showed me the same amount of affection but it was usually sad and droopy. 

She set me down, putting her arm around my shoulder and leading me out of the gym and to my car parked outside. It was dark now and my car was one of the only ones left in the parking lot.

"You did great." I said opening the passenger door that Cait had led me to after reclaiming her spot as the driver. She never let me drive and when she did it was because we were late or she was already in a bad mood.

"It's all thanks to you Daph." She put her hand on my thigh as she drove out of the lot. Butterflies erupted in my stomach even after over a year together. Her touch left goosebumps on my skin and made it feel like it was burning.

The car ride was silent except for Taylor Swift softly playing on the radio. Taylor Swift was all we listened to because we both loved it. I recognized the beat of 'Lover' start playing and I turned the radio up, humming along to the lyrics.

Caitlin started singing too. 'Lover' has been our song since we started dating. We danced to it in her kitchen at 3 in the morning. We blasted it during every car ride. The second I heard it I immediately thought of the girl next to me. 

"I love you." Caitlin randomly said, looking over at me for a split second. Her eyes were soft and I couldn't get over them. I could tell how Caitlin and I looked at each other. The sparkle in her eyes everytime was enough to make my heart beat faster.

"I love you." I replied as the song came to an end. I stared at the side profile of the girl next to me, completely in awe of her. I could stare at her for the rest of my life and never get sick of the view. She was my everything. 

twenty two- Caitlin Clarkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें