006.

the birds chirped loudly, the waves crashing against the sand, belly and cindy had been walking along the beach before they needed to go.

but cindy glanced over at conrad he'd been alone, legs up to his chest, gazing out into the sunrise.

she pretended to sprain her foot. "shit."

"you okay?" belly asked, concerned.

"yeah, um you go alone i'll sit this one out." cindy nodded. "tell matt i say hi."

belly nodded before walking off as cindy pretended to walk back to the beach house.

when belly was out of sight, she approached conrad, sitting next to him. "hey, do you..? do you remember anything that happened last night? i mean, you were pretty wasted."

"i always remember everything when i drink." conrad looked over at her. "what are you doing up so early?"

"couldn't sleep." cindy shrugged. "did you think about my offer to stop smoking."

"yeah actually i did and we have a deal." conrad nodded. "anything i want."

"well what do want?" cindy asked, tilting her head on the left.

"you'll find out." he smiled. "you'll like it."

"sure," cindy nodded playfully.

"Hey, let's go pick up some of the good muffins before everybody else gets up." the boy suggested.

"is this the thing i'm gonna like?" cindy questioned.

"no, you'll love what i have in mind." Conrad stood up, dusting off his shorts as he held his hands out, cindy reached for his hands as he helped her up, the two walking to his car.

the car ride was mostly cindy singing to taylor swift songs as hot wind blew through the windows.

conrad emerged from the store with a box of fresh muffins, his smile lighting up his face. he handed them to cindy, who eagerly took in the sweet aroma. "these smell amazing," she remarked, her eyes shining with delight.

"try not to eat them all before we get back," conrad teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes. cindy narrowed her gaze at him, her lips curling into a smirk.

"hey, by the way, who was that matt guy from yesterday?" conrad asked, breaking the momentary silence.

"cam cameron's friend, i talked to him while i was with belly." cindy explained, recalling the conversation she had with the boy. "it's funny you two look like you could be twins."

conrad's expression tightened slightly, his jaw tensing at the thought of someone resembling him potentially catching cindy's interest. he quickly masked his discomfort with a nonchalant shrug.

the car ride continued, with cindy singing along to taylor swift songs as the wind tousled her hair. conrad occasionally stole glances at her, his heart pounding with unspoken emotions.