023.

as the events unfolded and the effects of alcohol became more apparent, cindy found herself struggling to stand properly, and her laughter filled the air as matt said something amusing. conrad's smile faded as he looked away from them, his expression changing.

matt and cam stepped in to guide the intoxicated girls back to the house, supporting them as they stumbled and giggled, with the boys slinging their arms around their waists for support.

conrad and jeremiah stayed in the back lawn, tossing a football back and forth as the rest of them hurried onto the docks.

"oh, okay, but did you know that she was one of the last people to visit lindsay lohan's beach club in mykonos before it closed?" gigi informed the group.

"are you serious?" shayla gasped lowly. "oh, my god, i'd die for lindsay. ugh, she's a queen."

nicole shook her head in disagreement, "ibiza is superior, though."

"as if." shayla scoffed in response.

"you don't agree?" nicole furrowed her brows.

shayla turned to steven, "back me up."

caught off guard and clearly confused, steven stumbled over his words, struggling to provide a coherent response. "yes, no, i... yes, i agree," he stuttered, utterly lost in the conversation.

cindy couldn't resist teasing steven, mimicking his indecisiveness with a laugh. "he's lost. 'yes, no, yes, no, i agree,'" she playfully imitated, further amusing the group.

shayla playfully rolled her eyes at her friend, fighting a smile as she sat on steven's lap, "shut up. he knows what he's talking about. he's on my side."

however, steven soon slipped away, gesturing toward the house as he hurried off, leaving shayla alone.

nicole crossed her arms, "i don't get conrad. it's, like, one minute he's all over me, and he stays over, but then we don't even fuck, right? and then this morning, he's, like, super into me, he's all over me, and now he's like, "oh, football."

cindy laughed, clutching her glass tightly. "yeah, no, he's really hard to read sometimes," she agreed. "like all the time."

a hopeful expression appeared in nicole's eyes as she turned to cindy. "do you really think he likes me?" she asked, seeking reassurance.

cindy nodded, humming softly. "yeah. yeah, totally. i mean, he talks about you a lot," she reassured nicole.

she just lied to the girl.

cam handed belly a bottle of cold water, as she smiled largely, "cam cameron, you are so sweet. isn't he sweet?"

the boy blushed, laughing quietly as he held his hand out towards her, "uh, do you want to go for a walk on the beach?"

belly eagerly accepted as she tightly held onto his hand and moved her hair away from her face.

"belly, by the way, i love that dress." shayla complimented, as belly spun around with a grin.

"really? thanks, i... taylor got it for me, actually." belly nodded, smoothing out the ends of her wrinkled dress.

shayla smiled warmly at her. "mm, taylor has great taste,"

"yeah, i know, right?" belly began, gasping as she seemed to realize something, "you know what? you and taylor are, like, twins. because

you're both mega-fashiony. and you're both, like... baddies, wouldn't you... baddies. and you both like the same summer boys, which is..."

"we do?" shayla drew her brows together, a smile still visible on her lips.

cindy looked towards cam as he reached for belly, "come on. let's go for that walk."

"no, no, no, cam." she fought, pulling her wrist, "i'm talking. one sec. look, shayla, like, don't worry, because my brother is an idiot. and it didn't mean anything. it didn't mean anything."

shayla's smile had faded by now, more so nervous as she stared at belly, "wait, what didn't mean anything?"

"uh, them-them kissing." belly slurred, cindy widened her eyes at the new information.

"it was like... he-he, like, loves you. he loves you. and... wait, does anyone want another drink?" belly called out, looking over her shoulder as cam dragged her away.

cindy, not wanting to witness shayla's reaction, sent her a sympathetic smile and grbbed matt's hand so they could leave.