HOPE UR OK

❝ well, i hope you know how proud i am you were created
with the courage to unlearn all of their hatred
god, i hope that you're happier today
'cause i love you, and i hope that you're okay ❞

the end of summer brought with it a bittersweet farewell to the carefree days of sun-kissed skin and endless laughter. it marked the beginning of a new season, a transition from the enchantment of summer love to the uncertainties of what lay ahead. and for cindy, this farewell carried an even heavier weight—a reminder of the irreplaceable loss she had suffered.

as she tore her unwilling gaze away from the mirror, her eyes fixated on the necklace adorning her neck that once belonged to susannah. now it was a torturous reminder of what was gone.

susannah fisher, the person who had filled her life with warmth and love, was no longer with her.

the pain of their parting was still raw, as if it had happened only days ago. cindy's last memory was hugging susannah tightly, whispering words of caution and making promises they both knew would never be fulfilled.

and now all cindy felt was loss. a big, fat gaping void in her chest waiting to be whole again.
instead, a blackhole formed, sucking all the life and love out of her until all that was left was a dark pool of searing hatred. a hatred that refused to die, simmering beneath her veins. it kept her up at night, tossing and turning.

nothing would be the same anymore.

cindy couldn't bear the thought of returning to cousins—the beach, the house—they were all tainted by the absence of susannah. the mere idea of setting foot in that place, where their laughter once echoed and memories were made, was unbearable. it felt like a betrayal to her lost loved one.

the world seemed muted, as if the vibrant colors had been drained away, leaving behind a desolate landscape. she mourned not only the loss of a beloved figure but also the loss of the innocence and joy that summer had once brought.

author's note, decided to not make a new book but continue this one