011.

belly had left before they all got into the car for the book party. the moms were in one car and the teenagers in the other one.

leaving cindy to sit in the backseat of jeremiah's car right next to conrad again. she could feel conrad's eyes on her but her gaze was fixed to the back of jeremiah's seat, her heart fluttering in her chest.

cindy felt the boy next to her grab her hand, intertwining their fingers together.

she wanted to let go but couldn't move her hand.

"you're gorgeous." he whispered, his voice barely above a whisper as cindy turned to look at him.

she wanted to say something, but she couldn't.

the girl nodded and turned her head to look at jeremiah again, swallowing the lump in her throat.

she was such a shitty person.

"we're here." jeremiah announced as cindy quickly let go of conrad's hand and opened the door.

cindy looked at her phone, she sat on a couch and she had already texted matt. she was running and avoiding conrad the whole time she was there, he seemed to notice and that made him go after her more and more.

jeremiah threw himself on the couch, his arm went around her shoulders. "so... cindy." he says smirking. "where are you going after this?"

"somewhere." she shrugged as jeremiah rolled his eyes.

"come on you gotta tell me," he pleaded. "you might get kidnapped."

"i'm not gonna get kidnapped." cindy giggled.

"all right maybe not kidnapped." jeremiah nodded. "but what if the date doesn't go good and i need to pick you up."

"fine, i'm going to the boardwalk." she gave in. "happy?"

"if you need anything text me." jeremiah said. "i'll be like your knight and shining armor."

"you already are." cindy winked as she got up from the couch. "i'll see you later."