Chapter 41

I'm back!!! ✨✨

I hope y'all all have been good.

I know y'all have missed me, and I missed you too 🥰.

Thank you all for your support while I've been away. I'm really grateful.🙏

Here's your first update after a long time. Expect the second next week.

******

Yu Yuan thought of something as she cuddled with Huo Wei. "Husband?"

"Hmm."

"You already met my parents. Don't I need to meet your family?"

She knew he didn't get along with his paternal family; hence she hadn't asked him earlier. But now she wondered if there really wasn't anyone he considered family. There should be at least one person, right?

Huo Wei lifted his head to look at her. "You don't have to worry about anyone from the Huo family. They are unimportant. I still maintain relations with my maternal family, but they are in City B. I'll take you to see them sometime."

"Did they treat you well?"

He nodded.

"During the turbulent period after taking over the Huo family businesses, they tried as much to help even though they were also going through a tough time. Without them, that period would have been more difficult."

Yu Yuan felt a twinge in her heart. "That time must have been very hard on you."

Huo Wei's eyes grew darker remembering those days.

"It's alright. I'm fine now."

She gazed at him. He probably wasn't willing to talk about it.

She hugged him tighter and focused on massaging his head.

A low hum came from Huo Wei, indicating his satisfaction.

While the two were enjoying their time together, someone was having a tough time accepting some news.

A loud clang could be heard as Qin Huifen heavily set her teacup down. She looked at her father disbelievingly and questioned, "What do you mean he's married?"

Qin Deming watched his daughter with slight disappointment. "Huo Wei got married a few days ago. It's not public, but I know a few people at the Bureau. That's how I was able to get the news."

He continued, "What have you been doing? I thought you had him in the bag. After so many years, this is what you have to show for it?"

Qin Huifen's stomach twisted at his words. She clenched her fists in anger and jealousy. "Who is it? Who did he get married to?"

"Some girl with the surname Yu."

Qin Huifen's head jerked up. "You mean Yu Yuan."

Her father nodded. "That seemed to be the name."

Lava burned her insides. Yu Yuan! Yu Yuan!! Yu Yuan!!! She knew that woman was up to no good. Yu Yuan just ruined her years of hard work.

The more she thought about it, the more jealous she became. So it was not that Huo Wei had no interest in women. He just didn't have an interest in her.

Qin Deming ignored the inner turmoil his daughter was going through. "Since things turned out to be like this, I will start searching for other suitors for you. There are still some acceptable ones out there."

Qin Huifen jerked. "What?! No! There's still a chance. Give me another opportunity."

Qin Deming looked at her, unconvinced.