31. Michael Grey

"Your mother was very fond of her name." Otto remarked. "She didnt want to give it up when she married me." Aislynn smiled back at him. "Much like you."

"I'm always going to be Aislynn hightower daddy." She assured. "Just like my children deep down. See green onesie." Otto nodded putting a gentle hand on Jaetons chest.

"When you were born in particular your mother, she declared Aislynn Shelby." Otto recalled. "I countered with Aislynn Hightower honey. We have been married 15 years."

"Sounds like mum." Aislynn agreed a smile appearing on her face.

"I see so much of her in you." Otto remarked.

"Thank you daddy. You think she would be proud?"

"She is smiling down on you my dearest." Otto assured. "SHe knows all your secrets-" Aislynn tensed. DId he know? Did he know? "-all your successes. All your failures."

"What failures? I'm a hightower." Aislynn countered with a hair flip.

"SHe is so proud of you. I know it. So am I."

Aislynn got a very excited raven from Alicent and she couldnt stop the smile on her face, she didnt even notice Finn come in sitting beside her, he tipped his head into her, she stroked his leg mindlessly. She was in sister mode. She was so happy for her little sister.

~His name is Michael Grey and hes perfect Lynnie! He didnt even go up to Rhaenyra. He was waiting in line his parents made him come but he spent the whole time while the other men tried to woe rhaenyra- which by the way is failing. But he spent the whole time with me! Hes perfect and I think- Lynnie this is crazy but I think Im in love.~

"Ahhhhh!" Aislynn squealed out. Tommy of course came running.

"Aislynn!"

"Ali is in love!" Aislynn declared clutching the scroll. "Look look Tom." she waved the scroll in front of him. "She met a boy and shes so happy!"

"You scared me!" Tommy demanded.

"Im fine its Ali... I'm sorry."

"I'm your guard. You scream I worry." Tommy remarked. He pressed a kiss to her cheek.

+

Viserys went to check on Aislynn and the twins and found her fast asleep in her brothers lap. Viserys smiled as he came in quietly.

"Hello your grace." Tommy murmured as he ran a hand over Aislynn's back, her head on his thigh curled up on the couch.

"I'm glad she has you." Viserys remarked. "Aislynn is... quite possibly the best thing to happen to me."

"I agreed." Tommy remarked. "She is wonderful, best part of my day."

"I'm glad she has people like you. Your family, your brothers." Viserys remarked.

"Always." TOmmy agreed. "We are blood."

"We share blood now." Viserys remarked moving to Jaeton, he was holding to his sisters hand in his sleep. Anari opened her eyes staring up at Viserys. Viserys reached down kissing her little fingers. Tommy looked back at Aislynn in his lap. He couldnt help but feel like right now in this invisible competition with Viserys, he was winning when Aislynn was in his arms.

+

'...the wall Blackhaven are unscalable vassalstone. And the castle is surrounded by a deep, dry moat. It is well fortified against any future Dornish incursions.' Beric Dondarrion began. Rhaenyra sat bored as she was to choose from suitors. Alicent was talking with Michael, not that Rhaenyra wasnt happy for Alicent but honestly, did she really find the only young and handsome guy this whole tour?

The line was endless and the options were still awful. Michael had followed them from region to region, Rhaenyra saw her best friend falling more and more in love. She was jealous, she wanted that. She didnt want that with any of these men but she did want that... one day...maybe.

''And though my seat may be lesser in size, it is situated most pleasingly.' He went on clearing his throat he moved to pour himself a glass of wine. 'The view across the Marches is inspiring, so said Queen Alysanne herself when she honored my father and I...'

'And tell me, Lord Dondarrion,' Rhaenyra spoke up. 'did you think my great-grandmother as beautiful as they say?'

'This was half a century ago, Princess.'

'Yes, it was.' She agreed and the crowd of spectators laughed in agreement.

'That was unseemly, Princess.' Criston remarked gently.

'The man is older than my father. It's unseemly for him to put himself forward as a contender for my hand.' Rhaenyra corrected her guard. 'Next!' she demanded. 'And now a child.' Rhaenyra shook her head, this was useless. Alicent looked back at Rhaenyra, excusing herself from Michaels side. He stared back at her.

"He's cute. Why did you steal the only cute one?" Rhaenyra questioned. Alicent sighed happily leaning into Rhaenyra.

"He said he is coming back to the capital with us, he wants to meet my family, meet my father, ask for my hand!" Alicent squealed. "This was so great, I'm so glad we did this..." alicent looked at the boy the same age as finn it seemed. "Oh Goodness." Alicent murmured.

"Yeah." Rhaenyra drawled out.

''The Black woods are an ancient house with a formidable army.' Boremund Baratheon began. He stared up at her hopefully.  'In the River lands, they once ruled as kings. The blood of the First Men still flows in their veins.'

'Go on.'' Rhaenyra agreed she could entertain him but she wouldnt marry him. Rhaenyra looked to Alicent as her gaze- blushing cheeks, wide smile, nervous and in love eyes- stared at Michael Grey.

''My Princess... ours is a bond that has long endured, since Lucas Black wood, the grand sire of my grand sire, aided the Dragon in his war of conquest...' Boremund reminded her.

''Aye, the Black woods truly turned the tide on that one.'' One of the men in the crowd shouted and Boremunds confidence flickered as the crowd laughed again.

''Coursed with the blood of the First Men, our history is deeply rooted in this land, which your house has made its home. If chosen as your match, Princess... your days shall be easy and nights safe under my protection.' Boremund went on.

"Protection"?' the man spoke up again. 'The Princess has a dragon, you dumb cunt."

"This is growing aggressive very fast." Alicent remarked.

''Bracken!' he was scolded but he kept on laughing.

''I could learn to like that one.' Rhaenyra remarked. 'Ugh, let us have the next so we may go to supper.''

'Yes." Alicent agreed.

'Craven.'

'Ooh!' the crowd declared as Bracken and Boremund faced off.

'We're leaving.' Criston told Rhaenyra leading her away.

'Sheathe that steel, you twats!''

"Where to next? I have to tell MIchael see if he wants to continue," Alicent remarked fondly.

'Send word to the harbor and have Captain Oswin ready the ship.' Rhaenyra said as they walked.

'Princess, we're due in Bitter bridge in three days' time.' Criston corrected.

"Home? I could go home." Alicent admitted. "I miss Aislynn."

''I would happily row myself back to King's Landing if it brought an end to this ridiculous pageant.' Rhaenyra told him.  Bracken grunted, falling to the ground, the child Boremund had taken him down.

'Don't look, Princess.' Criston said leading her outside. Michael ran up to Alicent wrapping an arm around her, she smiled leaning into him.

"We are going home."