38. He Wept

''It is with great pleasure that His Grace, King Viserys, announces the start of the royal wedding celebrations. House Lannister with their lord, Jason Lannister. Lord Paramount of the West, and Master of Casterly Rock. House High tower with their lord, Hobert High tower. Beacon of the South, Defender of the Citadel, the Voice of Old town...'' Harrold announced.

''Congratulations, Your Grace. You have made a fine match for the Princess.'' Jason said as he approached.

''Thank you, Lord Jason. I could think of no better man than Ser Laenor.'' Viserys said with a chuckle.

'Well... if this is only the welcome feast, I admit, I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding.'

''Well, my daughter is the future queen. I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories.'' Viserys reminded him.

''Where is the Queen? I had hoped to pay my respects.'' Jason offered looking down the table.

''I understand the Queen is still readying herself for the celebrations." Viserys informed him.  Aislynn was ready. Then Anari and Jaeton were hungry. Then jaeton made Anari laugh so hard she spit up all her milk. Anari kept laughing as milk spilled onto Aislynn and Anaris little green dress. So yes. Aislynn was re- readying herself.

"This is why men wage war... because women would never be ready for the battle in time.'' Jason remarked with a chuckle

''Your presence is always such a pleasure, Lord Jason.'' Rhaenyra remarked stiffly.

''Princess... Your Grace.''

"She is the princess." Harwin reminded Aislynn as they walked. 

"And you can't take your eyes off her, because she is the princess or because I helped her pick out the most beautiful dress for her wedding... today." Aislynn mused. Harwin glanced back at Aislynn. She didnt look at him, she just kept walking. "You are not kings guard." Aislynn reminded him. "You can take a wife." 

"I could." Harwin agreed. 

"Any prospects?" Aislynn pondered. 

"We are here for the princesses wedding." Harwin reminded her. 

"I didnt bring up Rhaenyra. You did." Aislynn countered. "Someone has a crush, thats scandalous, we are at her wedding." Aislynn winked back at him as she headed off. 

''Your Grace, Princess Rhaenyra, congratulations are in order.'' Gerold remarked coming up to them.

''We are very honored to have you as a guest, Ser Gerold.'' Viserys agreed ''I must say, I was most distressed to hear of the Lady Rhea's tragic passing. I'm very sorry for your loss.''

''Lady Rhea was a unique character. Her kind... is not soon to be seen again.'' Gerold told him

''If there is anything the crown might do to aid House Royce...''

''Lord Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir, Ser Laenor Velaryon, the future king consort.'' Harrold announced as the drums beat.

''My Betrothed. My Betrothed.'' Laenor said happily. Rhaenyra forced a smile. She looked to Alicent at the Hightower table, with her brothers and uncle, with Michael. They looked ready for a wedding like this could have been there night with how in love they were. 

"Aislynn my love," Viserys called out reaching for her. She smiled back at him before pressing a kiss to Tommy's cheek, he grabbed her hand not wanting her to leave. 

"You are off duty tonight," Aislynn reminded him. "HAve fun, I can handle any trouble." She requested and heading to the front table. Aislynn kissed Viserys cheek before she sat down, he reached over grabbing her hand.