chapter 7

Addie

"You okay mom?" Mav asks when I step into his room."

"Yeah I'm fine, grab your stuff. I have a couple more things to grab from my room. We're leaving."

"Okay," he nods his head and starts grabbing our stuff out of his closet as I head to my room. I grab my suitcase and start packing all of my clothes. I alread tookmy box of memories I'm sure Dom would have burned if he ever found. I had it hidden in the closet in a floor board. I moved it to mavs room when I started packing a few days ago.

When I get back in the living room Jasper is standing there. "Hey, peach. Mavs already in the car let's get out of here."

"Okay," I take one last look around and then leave it all behind. "Do you want to send me the address? It will probably take us at least a few days to get there."

"No I'm driving with you."

"Why?"

"Becuse I don't want you driving across the country by yourself with our son. Anything could happen."

I sigh knowing there's no point in fighting with this man. "Fine."

"Maybe we should buy a car."

"No" I state firmly. There's no way in hell I'm allowing Jasper to buy me a car, or anything else for that matter. 

We start our thirty six hour drive in the dark. By one AM I'm yawning behind the steering wheel. "Peach, let's stop for the night." Jasper says, yawning too.

"Yeah, I'll get off the next exit."

We're pulling into the parking lot a few minutes later. "He's sleeping." Jasper says looking in the backseat.

"I'll get him up."

"I'll go get the room."

"I can pay for the room."

"No, I got it." Jasper says as he gets out of the car. He wasn't going to take no for answer and I knew it.

"Mav." I shake my son slightly.

"Hmm?" He blinks slowly.

"Hey, were stopping for the night."

"Mom, I'm hungry." He says while stretching as much as he can in my small backseat.

"Umm. Okay there's a a little diner next door. It says twenty four hours in the window. Let's wait for jay and we'll head over."

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"Does it upset you that I want to get to know jasper?"

"No, mav." I sigh "he's your dad. I hope you can grow a good relationship with him. I just want you to know that their won't be one between him and me."

"Why not? He obviously still has feelings for you. Look at everything he has done since he came into town."

"He's done those things for you, mav"

"Thats not true. He didn't know I existed when he came here. He had no idea he had a son with you. He came to make sure you were safe. Now he's doing it for both of us. I don't think Jasper meant to break your heart. I think he really thought he was doing the right thing."

"Doesn't matter." I shake my head.

"It does."

"Mav for all I know he has a wife in California and five kids."

"The only ring he's wearing is the matching one to the ring you keep in that shoe box."

The passanger door to the car opens jay pops his head in ending mine and mavs conversations. "You both ready?"