The First Date Incident (Eli's POV)

"Hey, Buttercup. You ready for our date?" I called from the couch.

We were all still living in Val's house. It had been a week since prom. Valerie was doing everything to take her mind off of what had happened over the past month. She was doing amazing considering the traumatizing experiences she had faced. My bullet wound was much better, it didn't hurt to lie down anymore.

I was going to treat Val to our first date tonight. Only, I had some special surprises in mind.

Val walked into the living room, "Yeah, let me just dry my hair then I'll get changed and we can go."

I looked up from the TV. I tried my best to stop myself but I couldn't help but laugh. My poor Buttercup. Her once beautiful brown locks of hair were now completely pink. It wasn't so bad though. I had used a dark shade of pink, it was more magenta. She looked like a red velvet cupcake.

"What?" Val asked, completely confused.

"Oh, nothing, babe. Just maybe look in the mirror. I think you forgot to wash off some shampoo," I shrugged nonchalantly.

Val squinted her eyes at me before heading back upstairs to the washroom.

"ELIJAH JAMES HASTAWAY! HOW DARE YOU PUT PINK HAIR DYE IN MY SHAMPOO?" Val yelled from the washroom.

Oh, she was so going to kill me.

I heard her charging down the stairs and immediately got off of the couch to hide behind a wall. I waited for a few seconds until she was in the doorway. I tackled her to the floor, causing her to shriek in surprise.

Her face looked like a tomato. She was absolutely furious.

"I'm going to kill you!" She yelled, shoving me off of her.

"Let me go take a shower and try to get this horrible colour off of my head," Val told me, huffing.

"No point in trying, the packet says it'll stay on for a week before the colour fades away," I smirked.

Val glared at me, "Fine, I'm going to get dressed then. For the record, I hope you trip and die."

"Feelings mutual, sweetheart."

I went back to watch SpongeBob. It was a hilarious show, don't judge.

All of a sudden, I was doused in what I assumed was a mixture of flour and water.

"What the hell?"

I turned to find Val grinning like a fool with a gigantic empty bowl.

"Who are you? Thor? How the hell did you lift all of that over my head?" I questioned.

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out," Val winked, "Now go, take a shower. That was my lame attempt at revenge, please act like you're defeated."

I glared at her playfully. She was such a dork.

I pulled her in for a flour-filled kiss before heading to take a shower.

I wrapped a towel around my torso, stepping out of the shower after finally getting all that flour out my hair.

Thank god I hadn't gotten dressed in my outfit for our date earlier.

My relief was short lived as I checked myself out in the mirror.

Oh, this girl was evil. 

My hair was a horrid shade of neon blue.

Note to self: don't mess with Val.