Chapter 1

Hello bunnieeees! This is my first ever Daerin story. This is not yet edited so please bear with wrong spelling, grammar, and punctuations. Thank you so much and enjoy!

Ps. There are some characters here who aren't part of NewJeans or K-pop in general. They are entirely fictional so don't be surprised if there are unfamiliar names in here! •3•

-------

It's almost a typical Monday morning at Ador University.
Danielle could see the usual scenarios in school every morning.

Students walking towards their respective rooms, some are walking to the school cafeteria, some are on the school benches reading books, browsing social media, and talking with friends.

Almost typical.

Except for Danielle and her friend, Ice, who are both running for their lives towards the Dance Club room.

"Who would schedule a meeting this early?" Her friend asked frustratedly while still running as fast as they could.

Danielle chuckled and briefly stopped her from running to catch their breath. "Well, I think you know who exactly would do that."

"She's a Satan," said her friend while still panting. Danielle has known Ice ever since secondary school. Her real name is Seiah Alice Chase, but Danielle likes calling her Ice, while their classmates call her Sei. They attended the same high school and were classmates for four years. And now they attended the same university and even took the same program. But unfortunately different classes. They have been friends since then.

She just laughed at her, saying, "C'mon then, Ice. Now is our chance to thwart satan" and they ran again.

Danielle appreciated how large and beautiful their school is, but not at a time like this. She just can't understand why the school has to be this big and why the dance room is so far from the gates.

But she kept running. She wants to reach the room as fast as possible. Because aside from their strict dance club president named Haneul-the one Ice called Satan-Danielle is also looking forward to seeing a cat-eyed girl named Haerin.

I miss her. Danielle thought. She only failed seeing the girl for two days-Saturday and Sunday-but Danielle felt as though it had been forever since she had seen her.

After another minute of running, they finally reached the dance club just as the club president asked if everyone was present.

"Since it looks like everyone is here, let's get to the point of this meeting," Haneul said as she reminded them that today will be the election of new dance club officers.

As the president gave them a speech about how they should choose wisely who will be the new set of officers, Danielle started roaming her eyes, searching for the cat-eyed girl, and sure enough, she saw her in the corner of the room, listening intently to what their club president was saying.

Danielle wanted to approach her, but she knew better than that. Haerin would be angry at her.

Ice suddenly nudges her secretly. "You cooked for her again, didn't you?" she asked. Danielle smiled and nodded. "Of course. I made Korean sushi this time," she said proudly. Ice rolled her eyes.
"Aren't you tired of doing that? I don't even think she appreciates those."

Danielle disagreed. "She always eats what I cook for her, though."
"Only because she doesn't want to waste food. Have you seen her refuse food from her admirers?" Ice pointed. Danielle thinks of what she said.

It's true that Haerin seems to accept everything her admirers give her, but no matter what, as long as Haerin always accepts it, then she will cook for her.