Chapter 8

It was already four in the afternoon when Danielle finished the goals she set for her reviews.

After cleaning her things, she got dressed and went straight to their kitchen. Her mom was there, cooking something.

"Hey mom," she said. Danielle smelled the nice aroma of the food, and her stomach growled hungrily.

"Hey baby, are you done with your reviews today?" Her mom asked.

She nodded. "What are you making?" She peeked curiously.

"Some pasta and chicken. Are you heading somewhere?" Her mom said when she noticed Danielle was dressed up.

"Yes, mom, I'm going to get my car in the coffee shop, then I'll head to school to meet a friend and attend my swimming practice after. Can I help cooking?" She asked as she watched her mom move expertly in the kitchen. Danielle loves cooking as well; she gets it from her mom.

"You know how to make pesto penne and garlic parmesan chicken?" her mom asked. Danielle shook her head. "Is that what it's called? It smelled really good. Can I have some before I head out?" Danielle asked.

Her mom laughed. "Of course, baby. These are for you and your dad. But this is almost done, so just help me next time." Danielle pouted. She wants to learn how to cook it as well. Maybe Haerin would like it. "Teach me the recipes and procedures for this next time?" she asked her mom.

Her mom smiled. "You're going to try cooking this for Haerin, aren't you?"

Danielle blushed and nodded. Her parents knew she liked Haerin, and they are very supportive of it.

Danielle's mom and dad were always busy. They are often away from home and sometimes even out of the country because of their business. But whenever they have time off, they always make sure to spend it with Danielle. However, sometimes their schedules don't match, just like today, when Danielle was the one who was busy.

But Danielle was still grateful because her parents are amazing. They're very understanding and loving toward Danielle. If they can, they will always try their best to watch all the competitions that Danielle has joined.

"I'll teach you next time, when our schedules match again. Now, go somewhere else; I'll call you when it's done," her mom said.

Danielle smiled and kissed her cheeks. "Thanks mom! I'll just be in the garden," she said, heading out in the kitchen.

Their garden is one of Danielle's favorite parts of their house. It wasn't very big, but it was very warm and comfortable.

It had well-trimmed grass and different kinds of beautiful flowers, which she personally took care of. But sometimes, when she's really busy, their caretaker takes care of it. There is also a round family table and an egg hammock, in which Danielle sat.

Thinking about the things she had to do today, she fished out her phone and scrolled down through her contacts until she found her favorite person's name.

"My Haerin," her contact name used to be something really cute My Kitty Girlfriend, Haerin-ie if Danielle remembered correctly. But Haerin accidentally saw it and threatened Danielle to change her name in the contacts or else she'd block her. That's why Danielle settled on "My Haerin" as her contact name.

Yesterday night was really memorable for Danielle. It's the first time Haerin drove her and actually showed care. Although heartbreak followed after Haerin told her she'd keep breaking her heart, intentionally or unintentionally, Danielle still felt happy knowing that Haerin cares for her even a little. That's a small step forward in their relationship.