Chapter 5

Not yet edited. Please bear with me if there are grammatical errors. Thank youu.

----------------

Later that day, Danielle's battle began when the afternoon class started.

The entire time, Danielle kept slapping and pinching her cheeks so she wouldn't fall asleep. But she just can't keep her eyes from closing and her head from dropping.

On the back of her seat, Haerin sat there, listening to the professor.

Unlike Danielle, she wasn't as busy, so she had manage to review a lot for the upcoming quiz bee, do her school activities, and still have enough sleep.

However, she wasn't confident that what she had managed to review so far would be enough to win the contest.

Mrs. Lim said that the coverage of the quiz bee is so broad that's why there are two representatives. She also said they need to help each other to win.

But Haerin liked their situation now. Danielle hadn't talked to her for the past three days, and during those times, it had been the most peaceful days of Haerin's life, and she'd like to keep it that way.

But she was also feeling a little guilty.

Although it wasn't her fault that Danielle agreed to join the contest, which will be held the same week as the swimming competition, she still feels as though she's half responsible for Danielle's situation.

After all, as Mrs. Lim had said to her, both of them are the representatives, and they should be helping each other. That way, the loads won't be heavy.

She spared a glance at the girl in front of her. She could see the girl's condition. She thought Danielle looked like a chicken eating as her head kept dropping.

The thought almost made her laugh. But she forced herself not to and just settled for smiling.

Hanni looked at her curiously. Maybe she's weirded out by her sudden reaction because the professor is talking about the slavery that happened in the past, and nothing's funny about that.

She just smiled at her and shook her head to signal her that "it's nothing. I'm just being weird. That's all."

Hanni nodded, smiling.

Haerin noted how beautiful Hanni is, especially when she's smiling. She wishes she could tell her that. But she's too shy to do so.

She also wanted to confess her feelings to her, but Haerin is too afraid to do that. Another reason she envies Danielle

Danielle was so vocal with her. She tells her how she feels for her and how much she likes her. Haerin only wishes she could do that to Hanni.

But she believe that the time will definitely come when she will have enough strength to confess to Hanni. But right now, she'll gather some courage first.

Some other time, she thought.

-----------

Time had passed, and their second class in the afternoon was almost over. Ten minutes more.

Haerin was planning to spend her time in the library until seven in the evening, when they'll have to meet with Mrs. Lim. For the mean time, she'll continue reviewing there and finish some of their assignments.

After ten minutes, their professor dismissed them. "We'll have a quiz next meeting, okay? Remember to review", he reminded them before finally getting out of the class.

Haerin packed all her belongings. She turned to Hanni, who was also putting her notes in her bag.

She wondered something...