Chapter 7

As soon as Danielle was seated, they started reviewing.

Mrs. Lim gave Danielle and Haerin a 100-item test that they needed to answer.

They were seated far from each other, so they wouldn't see each other's papers.

While they were answering, Mrs. Lim ordered coffee for them.

After thirty minutes, both of them finished answering and gave their papers to the professor.

"I'm going to check this later at my house, then I'll give this back in Sunday with the answer key, so you can review this again," she said as she put the paper in her bag.

"Now let's have a verbal quiz. I'll recite the question, and whoever raises their hands first will get to answer with an explanation," the professor said.

She made them both sit beside each other this time while facing her, and they started asking questions. Danielle and Haerin compete to answer

After their verbal quiz. Mrs. Lim gave them both an illustration board and a chalk where they would write their computation and solution as they now tackle scientific and mathematical equations.

Halfway through, Mrs. Lim can't help but smile because even though both Danielle and Haerin haven't reviewed all the covered topics yet, they still manage to get correct answers for almost every question every time.

They'd be a powerful team.
She thought. Enough to defeat the representatives of other schools who had a head start on preparation.

And although there are still some questions and topics that they are not familiar with yet, the professor made sure to explain them clearly.

It was already 10 in the evening when the professor said they should go home already.

The three of them are so engrossed in reviewing that they haven't noticed the time.

But before Mrs. Lim left, she reminded the two girls again about working together. She also assigned a topic for each of them that they had to review and informed them that they'd have another review session on Sunday afternoon.

The two girls only nodded and thanked their professor.

Both Danielle and Haerin watched as their professor left.

Guess it's just the two of us again. Danielle thought.

"You left me a while ago," she said. Not letting go of what Haerin had done earlier.

Haerin nodded. "I did," she said nonchalantly.

"Drive me home," Danielle demanded.

Haerin rolled her eyes. Wondering where Danielle gets her confidence from.

As both of them are walking towards the parking lot. Haerin replied, "In your dreams."

"But I'm sleepy," Danielle lied. The coffee that Mrs. Lim bought for them a while ago was so strong that she felt like she could stay up two nights without sleep.

She still continued acting sleepy, though. She even tried yawning.

But Haerin saw right through her. "Liar," she uttered. "Go drive for yourself. I'm not your driver."

Danielle pouted. And insisted again. She misses annoying Haerin.

"What if I get into an accident?" she asked Haerin.

"I don't care," she said. "It's not my fault if you are reckless and stupid," Haerin added, quickly realizing that her words were kind of out of line.

But she couldn't careless. She's talking to Danielle after all. She said harsher words.