chapter 8: the storeroom

Mine~>

"What else do you need?" Noor asks as we walk through the aisles in IKEA.

Hala, Noor and Imaan had all come with me to buy some new furniture for my new apartment.

I finalised all the paperwork this morning and surprisingly the rent was reduced and I was able to move in whenever I could.

I was a bit speculated when it happened but Noor told me that the company was reliable and I had nothing to worry about.

The apartment was a two bed apartment which was on the same street as Halas which was a plus.

"You should get some cushions." Hala says with a smile as she picks up the fluffiest pillow in sight.

"Well that does look comfy." Imaan says with a grin.

"Do you have any themes or colours you want for the apartment?" Noor asks as she nudges my shoulder.

"Hmm, I've always liked the neutral, minimalistic look." I reply, nodding.

"Then let's the keep the colours a little tame but the decor and plants could be added." She responds.

"Don't you think this one's good?" Imaan says as she picks up a light nude cushion.

"Yes!" Noor says.

"No!" Hala disagrees.

"What? Why?" Imaan asks with a confused expression.

"Don't you want a little colour?" Hala asks with a laugh.

"Maybe you can when you get your own apartment but I don't think it's for me." I reply with a grin.

An hour later after placing orders on the furniture and buying the other items, we leave Ikea for the boxing gym.

Ever since Noors husband, Khalil had made renovations on the gym so women could freely come and train, there'd been an increase of women who would come.

I hadn't been able to visit due to work and the pregnancy but today was fine.

"You guys excited?" Hala asks from the backseat.

"Of course, I wanna see the gym finally." I reply, nodding.

"Same, Samir has-" Imaan says but quickly cuts herself off as we all turn to her.

"Samir?!" Noor and Hala ask in unison.

"Umm- oh, are we here? Guys let's go!" She quickly says as she parks the car.

"Imaan, girl you better tell us before I hound my brother for info." Noor says, putting her hand on hers.

Hala and I look to eachother with interest as we watch this scene unfold in front of us.

"Uhh- so, me and Samir maybe or may not have, umm... been meeting up?" She trails off.

"Back up-" Hala says before Imaan cuts her off.

"But it's been Halal okay! I swear, my brothers know and when we went out the other day I took my brother, Wasim with me okay?" She says with a shaky smile.

"Yeah, I know my brother was going to talk with your brothers but I didn't know it happened so quick." Noor replies with a small smile.

"So you're not mad?" Imaan asks confused.

"No, girl I'm so happy you guys are finally talking!" She responds, pulling her in for a hug.

"Wait how long has this been going on?" I ask.

"2 weeks I think. Samir wants to talk with my dad tomorrow but I don't know how that's going to go." She replies with a reluctant voice.

"All you can do is pray, Imaan and the rest is in Allah's hands." I say, nodding.