chapter 16: the Nikkah

Yours~>

It was 5pm.

1 hour till I'm a married man and I honestly can't believe that this is happening. This soon but it was all apart of Allah's plan, Alhamdulilah.

"Bro, do you think we should do it outside or in the front room?" Khalil asks, holding one of the tables in his hands while Samir holds another.

My eyes widened, looking from my Rolex to them.

"Have you guys not set it up? What were you guys doing while I was getting ready?" I ask.

"We had to get Ibrahim, Hamza and Aunt Rawa from the hospital remember?" Khalil reminds me as Ibrahim and Hamza quickly rush towards us.

"Woah, woah, woah! That's enough, lads." Samir chuckles, steading Ibrahim with his hand.

"But we wanted to see Haadi!" Hamza groans before smiling up at me.

"You wanted to see me?" I ask sarcastically as I pick him up from the ground.

"You're my favourite... after Khalil obviously!" Hamza replies with a cheeky smile.

"That's my boy!" Khalil agrees, swiftly taking Hamza from my arms and high fiving him.

Shaking my head I turn back to Samir with a sigh.

"Let's get back to setting up then." I say, taking one of the tables in my hands and out to the garden.

"Bro you sit down, it's your big day." Samir calls out to me.

"Yeah, we have it all covered." Khalil says.

"No guys come on I don't want anything going wrong or late for her." I reply, shaking my head as I set the table down.

"Well you're gonna need some more help, won't you?" Jay says as he walks past the house and into the garden, wearing a light blue Moroccan thobe.

"Asalamulaikum, man." I say, feeling a grin appear on my lips.

"Walaikumsalam, couldn't miss the boss's big day!" He replies eagerly, hugging me.

"Thank God you're here, Jay, we need help setting the rest of this up! Do you mind getting the food platters?" Samir asks, pointing towards the kitchen.

"No problem." He smiles, walking away with Ibrahim close behind.

Nodding, I then hear my phone ringing from my pocket.

Taking it out, I see Hala calling me.

"Asalamulaikum, lil sis. Is everything okay?" I ask, taking the call inside since it was quieter.

"Yes Alhamdulilah, we're just finishing getting ready now but we're probably gonna be getting there by 6 ish!" Hala replies.

Looking at my watch, the time read 5:24.

Ya Rabb, we're not even done setting everything up.

"Haadi? Is that okay?" She asks.

"Uh- yep, that's fine." I quickly say, running a hand over my beard.

"Okay! I'll see you there, Haadi! Omg I keep forgetting you're marrying my best friend. Well one of my best friends. Oh wait Khalil did too, omg both my brothers married both of my best friends!" Hala rambles on, causing me to chuckle at her words.

My sister was funny and good at keeping everyone else relaxed since she would distract us all.

"Why'd you guys go for both of my best friends?" Hala groans as my head dips with amusement.