chapter 19: baklava

Mine~> 1 day married

The ride to the restaurant was quiet and calm

Both I and Haadi shared feelings and things we hadn't discussed with anyone else.

It felt kind of comforting knowing that he was able to talk about the losses in his life and vice versa.

"Are you craving anything?" Haadi asks me, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Umm a burger?" I say, reluctantly.

"Anything else?" He asks as he parks the car.

"No." I reply before the two girls in my stomach betray me by a loud growl coming from it.

"Hmm the babies are saying something different." Haadi chuckles.

Putting a hand on my baby bump, he asks, "Isnt that right? Don't worry I'll make your Mama eat a lot for you girls." He jokes before retrieving his hand back.

"Crap was that okay?" He asks, putting his hand by his side.

"Yeah, yeah that was fine. Actually I found it quite adorable." I giggle, before leaving the car and leaving Haadi in a daze.

"I can be quite adorable sometimes." Haadi playfully says, putting an arm around my shoulder.

Nodding, we enter the restaurant laughing without a care in the world.

"Table for two?" A waiter asks, with a familiar voice.

Looking up, I recognise that voice from university. It's the guy Mason, who'd practically annoy the hell outta Noor.

"Yeah, table for two." Haadi replies as Mason directs us to the table.

"I'll be back with menus in just a second." He says before leaving.

"Feel like I've seen that guy from somewhere." Haadi says, pulling my chair out so I can sit.

"Guys name is Mason, I think he used to have a tiny crush on Noor." I reply, giggling.

"Noor? Oh yes I do remember my brother coming home one night cause he saw him talking to her." Haadi says with a grin.

"Mmhm, now they're married." I smile.

"Wait is the guy Muslim?" He asks.

"Kind of funny that story, umm you know that football game we went to before Khalil and Noor got married?" I say.

"Yeah?" He replies, nodding.

"Noor was telling him how she couldn't tutor him because we're not allowed to be unaccompanied by non-mahrams then Mason tells her that she's Muslim." I respond.

"I told who I'm Muslim?" Mason asks a moment later, making me jump.

"Yallah!" I jump, causing Haadi and Mason to laugh.