chapter forty-one

*author's note*
I'm re reading some of the chapters and damn, are they too short or are they fine? Because I don't know why I can't write a lot, but if they're too short I could work on it! I don't know, let me know what you think. Also, I hope you're enjoying the story!
Livelaughlove <3

-§-

"How did you get lost?" Alya laughed at her phone. Kika had called her just a few moments before, to tell her she was somewhere in the paddock but she didn't know where. She had gone to the bathroom after the race and had to go back to the motorhomes to meet Pierre, but didn't know how to get there.

"It's the first time I'm in Monza!" she said.

"It's not even that big" she giggled. "That's what she said, by the way"

"I know it isn't!" Kika panicked on the other side. "And that's what he said" she giggled as well.

"I'm coming to find you" Alya laughed. "Just tell me what you see and I'll come get you"

"I don't know, something? There's like a white building?"

"You're near the entrance then probably" she reasoned. "I'll be right there" she said, hanging up and speeding to where Kika was.

She found her near the turnstiles, looking around and waiting for her.

"You found your way to the entrance I see" Alya said smiling.

"Yeah I walked around while I was waiting for you" she said. "I really don't know why I couldn't find my way back to the hospitalities" she giggled.

"It's okay, we can go together now" she smiled. They started walking towards the Alpine motorhome, so that Kika could meet Pierre.

"So, how are things going with your monégasque driver?" Kika teased, breaking the silence. Alya giggled.

"It's going well I think" she said. "The past few weeks have been great. We've been on a few dates, neither of us has pushed the other away so bonus points" she laughed, giving a thumbs up. "I would be ready for some sort of official arrangement, but I'm waiting for him to make the move. I don't want to rush him or anything"

"You're not official yet?" Kika asked surprised. She shook her head.

"Nope" she said. "But it's okay, we're taking things slow. Maybe too slow? But I'll take it as it is, I'm happy regardless"

"That's cute" Kika smiled. She smiled back, nodding.

They fell into silence again, as they were almost there. They turned their heads to follow Charles with their eyes, as he ran past them.

"Well, hello!" Alya laughed, raising her voice for him to hear her. He suddenly stopped and turned around, jogging back to her and giving her a peck on the lips. "Hi, where are you going?" she smiled.

"Actually, I was looking for you" he said, smirking.

"Oh really?" she teased. "And why's that?"

"I really want to ask you something" he said, taking her hand. "Come with me" he started leading her away. She turned to Kika, smiling apologetically, then followed him through the paddock.

"Where are we going?" she laughed.

"You'll see" he said, speeding up a little. He stopped in front of the Ferrari garage, it was surprisingly not crowded at all.

"What are we doing here?" she asked confused. "I know you had a great race, I was here" she laughed.

"That's not why we're here" he smiled cheekily.

"Then why are we here?" she whispered for the third time, leaning towards him as she looked at him with puppy eyes. He smiled.

"Well, do you remember the first time we met on the paddock this year?" he asked. She laughed.

"Absolutely" she said. "You were an asshole"

"Yeah, it was hate at first sight wasn't it?" he laughed. "Anyway, do you remember where we were?"

"Silverstone" she immediately answered.

"Yes, but where specifically?"

"In front of the garages" she said confused.

"Which one?"

"Ferrari" she said.

"Precisely" he winked. Then he opened his arms, as to emphasize that they were in front of the Ferrari garage again. "So, this seems like the perfect spot to ask you what I want to ask you" he said.

She simply looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

"There's no uneven ground here for you to trip over, but I think it will do the trick" he started. "One year ago today, you fell into my arms. And it was hatred at first sight, as I said earlier"

She let out a small laugh.

"Now, here's the difference - it's incredible how things can change in one year" he said. "When I asked you out in Silverstone, you said no. Three weeks ago, when I asked you out, you said yes. So that gives me hope"

She smiled, trying not to look confused. Where was he going with that?

"I know Silverstone would have been the traditionally right place to ask you this, but Monza is so special to me, and it holds so many good memories, that I wanted to link this memory to this place too. Hoping that it will actually be a good memory and not have a terrible outcome"

"What are you trying to ask, Leclerc?" she laughed. He sighed nervously, looking at her. "If you're gonna ask me out on a date you better not use a shitty pick up line, cause I'm gonna hit you on the head if you do. Really, really hard."

He let out a small laugh. "It's not a pick up line, I promise" he smirked.

"Then breathe and go on. What did you want to ask me?" she said, smiling softly. He took a deep breath.

"Alya Ricciardi, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" he asked in one breath.

She looked at him in disbelief. She was hoping that would be the question, but she didn't think it would actually be that one. She scanned his nervous expression, taking a moment to create suspense.

She knew what she was going to say, but she still loved making him nervous like that.

"Definitely yes" she laughed, when she saw he was holding his breath waiting for an answer. He let out a sigh, hugging her tightly. Then, he kissed her.

"You scared me for a second there" he said. "Next time don't take so long to answer please?" he said.

"Next time?" she giggled.

"When I'll ask you to marry me" he shrugged. She smiled, melting under his gaze.

"You are a bit stupid tho" she said. "Did you really think - even for just a second - that after eight months of being in love with you I would say no?"

"Eight months?" he asked. "I thought it was only two?" he smirked. She laughed.

"It definitely wasn't only two months" she said.

"How did that go, young lady?" he asked. "What did I miss?" She faked thinking about it for a second, but then instead of answering, she left a kiss on his lips.

"That would be a story for another time" she smiled, resting her head on his shoulder as they hugged tightly.