𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖: 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐨𝐨𝐰𝐨𝐧!

There were times back in my trainee days when I used to think that once I debuted I wouldn't even had to practice a lot anymore. I thought that I would get everything right in the first try but I was definitely wrong about that.

I know we all have good and bad days but now I feel that must of my days are bad. I can't seem to get the correct steps for our choreographies and that makes me feel like I'm disappointing my members and even myself too.

We just finished with our practice for today and now I'm on the ground with my head between my knees trying to review in my mind all the steps that I'm still trying to do better.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my right shoulder so I turn to look and I see Minji unnie. She then asks me to meet outside of the practice room to have a chat.

"I'm not going to ask you how you are feeling because I bet you will say "fine" when I know you are not." She says once we close the door behind us.

I didn't say anything, I just looked at her with teary eyes. Once we made eye contact she immediately got closer and hugged me tightly. In that moment I finally allowed myself to cry.

"I'm so sorry unnie... I just feel that whatever I do is wrong and... and... my body just can't seem to get any step right." I tell her in between sobs.

Minji didn't say anything she just kept hugging me and caressing my head until I stopped crying which took me some time. Once I had calm down we let go and she was the first to talk.

"Listen, if you like we can stayed more hours to practice. I'll tell the others and we all together are going to help you, okay?"

"Okay, I'm sorry again unnie." I apologize once again while cleaning the tears left in my cheeks.

"Don't worry, remember that however you might be feeling it's okay to express it. I'm glad you talked to me about it. You know I will always support you so don't you ever forget this:" She then grabs my face with both hands. "You're doing great, Joowon-ah!"

"Thank you." I give her a small smile. Then we went back to the practice room and stayed there till almost midnight rehearsing.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅
days later

Things have been getting better for me. I'm back being myself again just in time to enjoy my birthday. Today I woke up to my members singing the happy birthday song for me and then they gave me some of the candies I love as a gift.

Now we are on our way to the Hybe building to fulfill our activities for the day. First when I got in I started texting my family back because they had congratulated me on our family group chat but then after some minutes in the car I had a fun conversation with Dani.

"Oh Joowon-ah you are finally of age now. I can't believe it, you've grown so much!" Danielle who is sitting next to me suddenly tells me.

"Yes, time flies indeed! I'm afraid we are getting older Dani." I say while placing a hand on her right shoulder expressing nostalgia.

"You are right... I still remember when I turned 18." Dani says with a sentimental tone in her voice.

"Dani-ah! Our birthdays are only a month apart, what are you talking about?" I tell her finally breaking character. Then we all just laughed at our funny conversation.

"When you'll be back for your birthday live, unnie?" Haerin who is in front of me turns around to ask me once we had finished laughing.

"Maybe late because I have to record for Music Bank first." I tell her. She just smiled at me letting me know she heard me.