˚₊‧𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞‧₊˚

ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

We have a very normal and calm relationship... well as much as the K-pop idol life gives us the chance to, right? We go on dates, which are mainly late night walks and we recently got ourselves matching necklaces. Jungwon is someone wonderful, but I already knew that before we officially started dating. These last few years I have been happier than I had been ever before, just seeing him makes me feel very comforted that every time I feel down I know who exactly to call.

It took us some time to finally take that next step because we were afraid that if we got found out we were going to inevitably suffer like we did. So, we agreed that the only reasonable thing to do was to keep a low profile since we couldn't risk being caught in a dating scandal again. To the public eye, Jungwon was only my senior and former MC partner.

I remember that for a while, maybe a bit over six months despite all of the company's multiple statements dismissing the rumors, the media still had their watchful eyes on us. We were even advised to carry out various behaviors to demonstrate that everything between us was perfectly professional, as it was not to even look at each other during award ceremonies.

Taking the above into account, Jake became our knight in shining armor. He was our hero. When Jungwon and I wanted to go out together it was more than obvious that we couldn't do it just the two of us, so Jake was the solution to pass off the date as a casual friends out going. We always respected him, so we didn't act so lovingly in front of him. Still, it was sometimes difficult to convince him to go out with us.

"Please Jake! I'll treat you whatever you like." I pleaded one day as I shook his arm, insistently.

"Okay, fine. Let's go!" He finally agreed after a little over ten minutes of me pointing out the reasons why it was beneficial for him to come with us.

"Thanks a lot, mate!" I screamed, throwing an arm around him.

"Just remember not to kiss in front of me, okay?" He warned, side eyeing me.

"Fine, we won't." I said before we made our way to find Jungwon to tell him the good news.

We were MCs for fifteen months. Then when the time for Jungwon to leave the show came I had a new partner but of course it wasn't the same. We were awarded best MC couple and even though our activities together ended, most of our fans still fondly remember our time in Music Bank as much as Jungwon and I do.

Although that period in our life was not always full of positive comments towards us, we managed to continue giving our best in each broadcast of the program. The support of our fans really had something to do with that, they are truly our main motivation to continue doing what we love.

"Are you ready?" I nudged Jungwon just as we were getting our mics ready to go on stage.

"Yes and you? How do you feel?"

"Happy to perform with you again after so long!" I gave him an encouraging smile.

"Same." He confessed before getting closer to my ear. "I love you. You look beautiful!" He whispered just for me to hear.

"Thank you. I love you too, handsome boy." I whispered back.

Three years after we left our MC roles, we were called to make an appearance as hosts for a Music Bank festival, so it was no surprise when we found out we were going to give a special performance as well. I remember being very happy about it. I was going to sing and dance on stage with him again. Everything was perfect.