Epilogue

I walked around one of the extra room, carrying one of the boxes that were sent from my parents house. They were boxes labeled to be sent to me after her death. I know it should still be so weird, but it was. I was happy she had been able to meet two of our four, soon to be five, children. Edmund was only two and Andrew was a just a baby when she died. They won't even remember her. I had the life she pushed me so hard into, and she didn't get to enjoy it. She didn't get to breathe a sigh of relief that no matter what happened, we would both be okay. Especially because my kids are Bridgertons, and Bridgertons always take care of their family. "What do you think you're doing?" I jumped as Anthony walked into the room, quickly taking the box out of my hands. "You can't carry these boxes!"

I chuckled, running my hand over my large stomach. "This is my fifth time. I think I know what I am doing."

"I think I do too." Anthony walked over sitting it on the table.

I walked over to stand next to him, opening the box as shouting came into the room. "Mama!" "Mama!" I recognized the voices of our two younger children.

Charles was six, and Poppy was five. Leaving them to get on each other's nerves as much as they could. It was all I wanted growing up, and it was beautiful to know my children had each other. Even on their worst days. Charles and Poppy came running into the room, each pushing to be first through the door. "Charles pulled my hair!" Poppy shouted.

"Poppy bite me!" Charles shouted.

"He stepped on my toe!"

"She kicked my leg!"

"He took Daisy's head off!"

"Because she threw Daisy at me!"

"Daisy was trying to fly and your big head was in the way!"

"Enough!" Anthony yelled, getting them both to stop shouting. "You two need to be nice to each other."

"Yes," I agreed. "no biting, kicking, and Poppy we both know Daisy can't fly."

Poppy held her hands together in front of herself doing her best to look innocent. "I want her to try new things. Daddy says it's good for us."

"Go." Anthony pointed towards the door.

Poppy looked at Charles. "I'm going to tell Dorota." Then they both took off running shouting. "Dorota!" "Dorota!"

Anthony looked at me confused. "Dorota is supposed to be taking them to the sweets shop if they behave."

"Thank God for Dorota." Anthony stated and I chuckled, turning my attention back towards the boxes. "What have you found?"

I reaching in picking up the leather covered book I was looking for. "My mother kept journals for every part of her life. Maybe reading them could give me an idea of what was going through her head. I remember being scared I couldn't get pregnant because of all the pressure she put on me."

Anthony look at me alarmed, putting his arm around me. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"How do I tell my husband I can't give him an heir? It broke my heart. Maybe I don't understand the pressure she felt the need to put on me because we had three sons in row, but...looking at Poppy I don't think I could ever put the pressure on her that my mother did to me. I was lucky to get you, but imagine if I didn't have you to save me. I would probably be a widow because husband would have died of old age by now."

Anthony smiled, putting a hand on my cheek. "I would have made Benedict marry you before I let that happen."

That got a laugh from me. "Because he can handle me?"