1.1.3 Fights and Miscommunication. (what else is new?)

The moment five showed up, you knew this wouldn't go normally. Not that Hargreeves meetings ever did. Typically someone fought, or got hurt, but it was normal. Now however your time traveling brother had appeared back looking thirteen.

You couldn't bring yourself to understand why he was back, or why he didn't come back sooner. There were reasons and there had to be an explanation.

The Hargreeves siblings all gather round the kitchen table as five wonders around, grabbing things.

"what's the date? The exact date." Five says while grabbing the bread. His face unchanging and dull.

"The 24th." Vanya speaks up.

You spin in circles boredly. Your mind seems to be, as some would say, 'up in the clouds.'

"Of what?" Five asks out.

"March." Vanya answers.

"Good." He opens the bread.

"So... Are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther speaks up.

You wonder over to the fridge and make yourself a glass of [beverage].

"It's been 17 years." Luther says.

Five scoffs, "it's been a lot longer than that." He blips over to the other side of the room and grabs some food, specifically marshmallows.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asks.

"The future. It's shit, by the way." Five blips back over.

"Called it!" You and Klaus say at the same time.

"I should've listened to the old man." Five huffs. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a total toss of the dice." He looks up at Klaus. "Nice dress."

"Oh, well danke." Klaus nods.

"Wait how did you get back?" Vanya speaks up.

"In the end I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five explains.

"Right... Yeah no totally." You roll your eyes sarcastically.

"That makes no sense." Diego speaks up.

"Well it would if you were smarter." Five says nonchalantly.

Diego jumps up ready to fight but Luther blocks him. "How long were you there?" Luther asks.

"Forty five years. Give or take." Five say, his eyes not moving.

Almost everyone stares at him in shock."So what are you saying? That your 58?" Luther questions.

"No, my consciousness is 58. Apparently my body is now 13 again." He finishes making his marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich.

"Wait how does that even work?" Vanya questions.

"Delores and [N-], Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh." He takes a bite, "bet she's laughing now."

"Delores?" You question.

He blips over to you and takes your face in his hand, looking at the details of your face. "You've barely changed."

"That is my curse." You grumble. "I can change tho!" You shape shift into him, then shift back. "At least I don't look like the youngest anymore! Even if I still am." You sigh. "Old man."

"You can shift into people now? Interesting.." He cracks a slight smile. He blips back over to the news paper and reads the headline. "Guess I missed the funeral, huh?"