1.3.1 "Extra Ordinary"

Time is a precious thing, as is free will. If there's a set of rules, is it really free will? If the punishment is worse than the action?

No matter. 5 years prior to 2019 Vanya  had made up her mind about things. The 'stupid' umbrella comics, and well anything about the umbrella academy haunted her. So, she bought a typewriter and got to work!

"My name is Vanya Hargreeves, and this is my story."

She typed for days. Fixing and redoing and rewriting until she finished. She shipped it off to a publishing company.

"We were never a real family. We were our fathers creation, family in name, but not in fact."

They bought it. Vanya took pictures, she was going to publish this book!

"In the end, after our brother Ben had died, there was really nothing connecting us. We were just strangers living under the same roof, destined to be alone."

She read to people. Her book. Hers.

All of her siblings read it. Luther, Allison.

"Starved for attention."

Diego took it the worst. He punched a punching bag with Vanya's face on it, and he did that for quite awhile.

"Damaged by our upbringings."

"Oh my God.. She wrote that?" Ghost Ben leaned over klaus' chair in some anonymous group. "I can't believe she would do that-"

"Shhh."

"And haunted by what might have been."

Five read the book, the first day that he was trapped in the apocalypse. It was [Name]'s copy of the book.

"We all wanted to be loved by a man incapable of giving love."

Younger [Name] flipped through the book, smiling while reading, then eventually, doodling in the book.

"Our father never missed an opportunity to remind me that I was ordinary.  A hard thing for a little girl to hear."

Less sales, less buys, less people who cared. More and more time went by.

"If your raised to believe nothing about you is special, if the benchmark is extraordinary, what do you do if your not?"

In current times Vanya just had practice to worry about. And by that I mean her concert rehearsals.

She ran in and apologized for being late, struggle to join the class.

"I hadn't noticed."

"Play it again."

"We've watched it over and over, Luther."

Luther and Allison discuss the way that 'mom' might be responsible for 'dear ol' dads' death.

They even question her, and she glitches.

"Do you seriously still not understand the chain of custody?" Patch walks over to Diego, who's holding a bullet.

The place seems to be the very department store five robbed.

"If you touch it, I can't use it." She continues.

"Let me save you some time running ballistics. These nine millimeters haven't been manufactured since 19-"

"1963. Odd I know. Matching cases were found at a murder scene last night.  Ishmael's towing."

"The driver?"

"Found him hanging from the ceiling.Looks like he must have none something after all."

"It's a shame nobody told you to go talk to him. "