6. Park Venue

After his call with Kaurav telling him to wait outside for him, Mahir packed his belongings and headed to the elevator

During the whole ride from the 9th to the ground floor he was just thinking about the incidents of today.

The files, unknown caller, the meeting room, and the address. He took the sticky note out of his pocket and read it again.

See you at Park Venue, Room-201. Tonight at 9.

Park Venue is the seven star hotel branch of the country. It's a multifunctional brand having its hotel service, restaurant and shopping complex within it. It is run by the name of Singhania's.

Mahir thought to himself, is it the Singhania's then? They are the company's partner, they have access to accounts and money, what if it's them?

But they have a good relation with the company. And even Boss is said to have a peaceful relationship with him, as compared to other shareholders. Why would they do it?

His thoughts came to a halt when the elevator opened and he started walking to the entrance.

Just as he stepped out, he saw Aahana stand still there, glued to her spot and looking wide eyed on something.

He turned his attention to where she was looking and found an equally stunned Kaurav, standing outside his car and looking at Aahana as if he had seen a ghost.

Wait a minute, what is happening here?

He kept looking back and forth between the two, trying to figure out what happened.

Finally giving up, he walked to Aahana and slightly shook her. Aahana jolted by the sudden impact, her eyes leaving Kaurav's and looking at Mahir.

Her face was flushed. Mahir again looked back and forth between them but before he could ask Aahana ran from there.

Mahir kept staring at her disappearing figure with confusion. When he turned to Kaurav, he found his best friend looking in the direction of where Aahana ran.

He came towards him, kept a hand on his shoulder and shook him. "Kya hua?"

(What happened)

Kaurav came out of his trance and looked at Mahir. His cheeks were as flustered as that of Aahana.

Mahir furrowed his eyebrows. "Bolega, kya hua hai tujhe? Or aise kyu dekh rahe the tum dono ek dusre ko?"

(Will you tell me what happened to you? And why were both of you staring at each other that way?)

Kaurav shrugged his hand from his shoulder and said,"Ku..kuch nehi. Tu..tu kaha tha tabse, i..itna time kon lagata hai, chal baith ab late ho rha hai."

(No...nothing happened. Where were y..you, who takes this much time? Now come sit, we are getting late.)

Saying so, he hurriedly ran to the driver's seat and switched the engine. Mahir looked perplexed, but sat inside. Kaurav started driving.