12. Dream or Reality?

"Aaryaaaa

"Aaryaaaa.....

Aaryaaa..."

A shiver ran down my body at the sound of that voice. I heard footsteps moving extremely slowly and menacingly towards me. The voice was becoming more and more pronounced.

I retreated more and more till the wall struck my back. I tried to hide under the bed, keeping myself as far away from the monster's grasp as I could.

I saw the door opening and closing in a slow and careful motion. I noticed formal shoes with loosely knotted shoelaces in a dark brown shade.
The wearer moved slowly, examining the space as though he was looking for its meal.
With each step, I could see his shoes leaving blood stains on the tile floor. 

I knew what would have happened. I know it happened.

I knew I had lost them.

I know he killed them, and he was going to kill me as well. I knew he wouldn't spare me. But all I could do was hide beneath the bed.

I heard my cupboard open, my clothes flung on the floor angrily, and then a loud clamour of doors smashing. He walked towards my study table, opening each drawer one by one, checking and discarding everything inside, and finally kicking the small chair out.

The chair crashed onto the bedside, and a whimper escaped from my mouth. The monster heard that, as his movements came to an abrupt halt.

He slowly turned towards the bed. I quickly raised both of my hands and closed my mouth tightly shut.

'Even a single breath would be the end of me' I thought to myself.

As I sat there, choking myself, I  noticed the shoes getting closer to the bed. I tried to go back further away, but as my back hit the wall, I knew that was it. I reached the dead end.

He quickly tossed the cover and pillow off the bed. By each item being thrown off the bed, my heartbeat increased.

I could not think, I could not move, I could not say anything. It's as if, my body became immobile.

Suddenly the shuffling stopped. The man stood there in the same position without any movement. I sat under the bed,shutting my mouth with my hand, waiting for him to take action. To look down, to find me, to kill me even, anything.

But a minute passed by and nothing happened.

I wanted to peak at a glance at what was happening. But I dared not move a bit.

Just then, I saw my Eddy (Teddy bear) being thrown off the bed. I looked at it and noticed blood smears. It felt like someone has  smeared their bloody hands over Eddy. And then I noticed that Eddy's neck was torn away.