8. Award Night

The next two days went smoothly

The next two days went smoothly. Aarya and Mahir had no such interactions. Aarya was busy with her work and Aahana, whereas Mahir was busy stressing out about the mask man.

Since the day in the hotel there has been no contact between them. Neither has he tried to contact him, nor has Mahir bothered to hear from him. But still, he can't get the thought out of his mind.

'Why hasn't he contacted me? He said he'll call me and give me my task. Then what the hell happened? Is something wrong? Or is he planning something? Though I should be happy he hasn't called, but I just can't leave it knowing that he is keeping an eye on Ajji and Kaurav. What the hell is he planning? Ahhhh!!! Bhole baba, please help me!!!'
No matter what he was doing, he was unable to concentrate on that thing.

His whole day passed in these thoughts only. He was rummaging through his last file of the day when his assistant Kirti said," Sir it's late. We should get going."

He looked at his watch and exclaimed," Oh yes. It's 6:30 already. Just a second."

He checked the file, kept it back and collected his belongings. Then he and Kirti made their way to the elevator.

~•°•~

Aarya went home early as she has to attend the Award night today. Yes, it's Saturday, the day all have been waiting for, except Aarya.

She's nervous. Kind of? No!!! She is nervous. She is happy knowing that her years of hardwork has given her the fruit. She reached the heights of success. But she's not satisfied.

Ever since she got to know about it, there's always have been an uneven feeling inside her head. She has been feeling this emptiness, this hole in her heart. She isn't able to figure out why. Though she knows that it's because her parents are not with her, and she's missing them a lot today, but this feeling is different.

She feels as if something is going to happen. It's like the calm before the storm. This unwanted distress is creaping through her and she can't help but frown everytime.

She was continuously thinking about it even while getting ready. Suddenly she came out of her trance.

"Hello!!! Earth to Aarya. Where are you lost darling?", Aahana asked.

Aarya blinked. She looked at herself the mirror. Aahana was standing beside her crossing her hands , looking at her through the mirror. The eyeliner brush was balanced on the bridge of her ear, as she was observing Aarya. Aarya blinked again, but said nothing.

"Dude what the hell are you thinking? From the time you entered till now you have been frowning continuously. What is wrong Aaya? You know you can talk to me right?", Aahana said caressing her hairs.

Aarya let out a sign. "It's nothing Aahu."

"And I'm not buying it." Aahana replied strenly. "Spill!!"