11. Paparazzis

Just as the host announced the commencement of the function, I left

Oh, who am I kidding!! I tried to leave. (Do note the sarcasm)

Because the moment I stepped out of the hall, that scary guard appeared in front of me likh a ghost.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

I clutched my chest controlling my breathing.

"Damn man you scared me."
But he still stared at me with the same expression.

I exhaled, knowing that now there was no going back.

"I was leaving okay. I can't stay here okay. It.." my voice trailed of remembering my encounter with my father,"...its personal."

From the corner of my eyes, I found him still staring at me. Damn man!! Is he a robot? Huh!!

"I can't do it okay. What you're boss told me to. It's, it's impossible. Come on can't you see, there's everyone here, how am I supposed to stay close to her?"

He still kept staring at me. My anger and frustration was bubbling inside me. First, my not so dear father clashed with me here, then those haunted memories, and then the encounter with boss. Everything has just left me so disturbed that I can't seem to focus and this hulk over here is not even letting me leave. Bhole baba...What did I get myself into!!!!!!

Controlling my temper, I tried to explain to him very calmly.

"Listen. I can't do this okay. I need to leave. I'm not focused right not. Please...let me leave."

But....you know. This Hulk, stood there, blocking my path, and not. uttering. a. single. word!!!

Now my patience has weared off. Now I can't seem to focus on even lovering my tone. I was about to lash out on him in front of so many guests when he slid an envelope in my hand.

I looked down and signed. Noo!! Not again!!!

I squinted my eyes, and slowly opened it. I looked at it's content and then back at him.

Do what you're told to. Not what you want to.

I closed my eyes. That's it. There's no going back now.

'Ab panga le liya hai to karna padega. Nhi to ye jallad,' I looked up at the guard, 'tujhe chodega nhi..'

(Now you have to do it anyhow. Otherwise this monster will not spare you)

Reluctantly, I returned the envelope back to him and turned on my feet to go back to the hall. I moved forward aimlessly, until I found myself lost in those honey brown eyes. She was there, on the stage, holding her award and a mic, her lips parted, and her eyes in mine.
The light from the spotlight was casting a sparkling glow on her,  enhancing the figure adorned in that snowy white saree.