Chapter 18

***explicit scenes

It had been about a week since I woke up in the hospital. I was sitting in the living room watching Netflix with Ace and Kyra while Luke and Lex trained the warriors. Dax was in his office working on an alliance treaty to present to the Blue Springs pack next week while waiting for his new mattress to be delivered. I kept to my word and wouldn't touch the bed he was with that whore in. He was beyond excited when the doorbell rang he beat all of us to it despite how much closer we were.

Ace chuckled as he got up to help Dax maneuver the king size mattress up the stairs. They had already removed the old mattress this morning. I sat idly on the couch as they worked. When Dax had gone back to his office I made quick work of moving my stuff back into his room.

After dinner that night I followed Dax upstairs and into our room. As soon as I sat on the bed and looked into his eyes I realized it wasn't Dax though.

"Hi Draven."

He hadn't come out much since I got out of the hospital. I am sure it had to do with how well things were going and what I had said about him fucking everything up.

"Hello little one," he smiled at my recognition.

The way he was looking at me it was as if he wanted to devour me whole. The intensity quickly overwhelmed me as I mumbled about changing before near sprinting into the closet and closing the door. I pulled on some cotton sleep shorts and one of his shirts that near covered the shorts before taking a deep breath and exiting the closet.

Draven was already in bed, just the bedside table lamp illuminating the room. Without a word I climbed into my side and he turned off the light before rolling over and pulling me to him. He inhaled my scent deeply before letting a contented sigh leave his lips.

"I have missed sleeping with you," he confessed, his hand trailing tiny sparks across the flesh of my hip bone, "It also deeply satisfies me that you chose my shirt to wear to bed."

When I didn't reply he continued, "It's a wolf thing, basically I like that you smell like me."

His tone was slightly teasing but I did appreciate him explaining it to me. I snuggled up closer to him in response and he gently kissed the side of my neck. He trailed his kisses down to my healed mark before stopping just before making contact with it.

"Dawn?"

"Hmmm?"

"I would like you to mark me soon."

This statement caused me to roll onto my back and look at him, "W-what?"

"Just like I marked you, females mark their males," Draven for the first time seemed unsure of himself, maybe even embarassed as he continued, "I would like you to mark me so everyone knows I am your male. It will also nearly complete the bond once we are both marked."

"Complete the bond? I thought it was complete?"

He chuckled, "Not yet little one, first both mates mark each other, and then mating must occur to solidify the bond and unlock its full potential."

"Oh," I replied not really sure what to say, "So you want me to just bite you? I don't have canines like yours."

He laughed again, "I know little one, but I promise you won't hurt me. At least not in anyway I won't enjoy."

He winked and I shoved him as I had done with Dax.

"Seriously though Dawn, the mating can wait as agonizing as it is," he wiggled his eyebrows for emphasis, "But I would like you to mark me as soon as you are comfortable."