005||Marcus Rashford

CARE

CARE

I FELT A pair of hands shaking me slowly. My eyes slowly opened, realizing marcus was nudging me and calling my name softly. My vision was blurry still drowsy from my slumber as i wondered why he'd wake me up at this ungodly hour.

"wake up," he whispered, his tone gentle. "i've run you a bath, it's ready."

I was still half asleep and not quite sure what was happening until he helped me up and began to undress the bedsheets, that's when i realized that i must have leaked while I was sleeping.

I immediately felt embarrassed and flustered, unable to meet his gaze. I felt the heat rising in my cheeks as marcus continued to take off the sheets. 

I immediately stopped his hands. "i'll do it, its my mess" i glanced at the dark red stains on the sheets. He shook his head, moving me aside and continued. I bit my lip, a wave of shame washing over me, my ears filled with the sound of water splashing, making me rush to turn off the tap.

Marcus soon stood behind me, placing a kiss on my hair. I couldn't believe how attentive and thoughtful he was being. He added bubbles to the bath, ensuring it was warm enough for me before placing a towel on the door handle.

Even though I was still embarrassed about what had happened, his kindness made me feel a bit better. He must have seen the look on my face because he was quick to reassure me. "it's okay, sweetheart. I understand these things happen and I won't hold it against you."

He slowly left the en-suite bathroom, leaving me to sort myself out after checking if i'd be okay to do it all alone. 

Minutes later i stepped out of the bathroom and found quite the surprise waiting for me. Marcus had laid out everything i would need for my period, including a box of painkillers, chocolates, pads, and other period products. He had also set up a heating pad on the freshly changed bedsheets.

"you really thought of everything," i said in admiration. Marcus looked up and i saw a hint of tiredness in his eyes, the late hour likely taking a toll on him.

He looked at me, his expression soft and caring. "i hope you're feeling better now," he said, his voice gentle. I nodded, smiling gently at him in appreciation.

 "i am, and I can't thank you enough for all you've done."Marcus shrugged, his smile turning into a self-deprecating chuckle. 

"It's nothing, I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable."

I laid next to him, trying to keep my distance from him, not wanting to risk any bleeding on his clothing, but he wouldn't have it, he pulled me closer to him, reassuring me that he didn't mind. "don't be silly," he whispered, his voice filled with affection. "i'm not bothered by it at all."

Marcus pulled me onto his lap and began checking in with me, his voice soft and soothing. "do you need anything else? would you like anything to drink or eat?"

I shook my head, my eyes closing slowly as i felt myself becoming more and more relaxed in his arms. "no thank you," i whispered, my voice gentle.

I felt a twinge of worry seeing how tired Marcus was, realizing that he would have an early morning the next day with football training. He must have been so tired, yet he was still willing to put my needs ahead of his own.

 Marcus seemed happy to just hold me in silence, his arms wrapped around me as he nuzzled me into his shoulder. Before long, i fell into a deep, peaceful sleep, my face buried in the warmth of his chest.

!AUTHOR NOTE!📝

aw this is so cute 😭

(don't forget to interact with my chapters, thank you) ☺