022||Lamine Yamal

COMFORT

COMFORT

THE SOUND OF the vivid ticking of my clock began to annoy me as it rang through my ears for the millionth time.

I watched the wall in front of me while I lay in bed, eyes fixed of the arms of the clock rotating but my mind was consumed with other thoughts.

It was only a couple of hours after Lamine and I had an argument over the phone but now I lay in bed at the early hours of the morning with no sleep.

It wasn't a harsh argument and it ended with apologiesfrom both sides, but i still couldn't comprehend why it prevented me from sleeping.

Thoughts filled my head, my mind racing with all possible combinations of memories, emotions and other thoughts that I wanted to avoid with sleep.

After what felt like forever, I let out a heavy sigh, reaching for my phone, wanting to find comfort through his voice but slightly hesitant, knowing he'd need his sleep for his early morning training with his team.

I called him without much thought. the long ringing continued as the signal went through, beginning to feel restless and impatient.

As he finally had picked up, it felt like the weight on my heart was lifted, his voice filled in the silence, just what i needed.

"lamine?" i murmured softly, cautious about disturbing his sleep, deciding that if he sounded too tired, id let him be.

He sounded groggy, his tone was slightly rough after hours of sleep but as always there was a comforting edge. "what's wrong?" he asked in a soft voice.

"i couldn't sleep...." my tone was soft as i shifted in bed, not wanting to bother him, he had to train early the next morning. "i'm not sure why.."

"you're worrying too much..." he mumbled slightly tired as he sat up in his bed, it was the middle of the night, "you need your sleep."

"i know...." i mumbled, my voice trailing off as I hesitated a little, it didn't help that he sounded more annoyed than comforting.

"please just try to sleep alright?" he was being short for some reason, it was the same tone he used the night he was in a bad mood or after a bad match.

I sighed in frustration as i wanted sympathy, as he was normally the one i could always turn to.

".... are you mad at me?" i asked slightly, not wanting to assume but his lack of reassurance confused me.

"no.." he mumbled, his tone didn't change as he stayed neutral, he was still groggy and he wasn't in the mood to deal with my nonsense.

"then why're you being short with me.." i muttered slightly irritated as i sat in bed, all i wanted was his comfort but instead he sounded annoyed, it was getting on my nerves.

"it's 2 in the morning, don't over think" he mumbled and sighed. "just sleep."

"i know... but can you just talk to me until i fall asleep? i just wanted your comfort..."

"alright..." he mumbled, i could sense the annoyance in his voice as he sighed and there was a long pause before he finally spoke again, "what'd u wanna talk about?"

"well.." i hesitated slightly, feeling slightly sheepish, "i just wanted to hear your voice."

There was an awkward pause as he sighed slightly, he wasn't a big fan of these "lovey dovey" talks, but he knew i needed him today, i always had issues with sleeping.

"i'll talk to you for a few more minutes and then you'd best be sleeping" he urged jokingly.

"alright" i mumbled, feeling embarrassed as i knew i was being clingy. i needed him and i was aware than im acting a bit selfish towards him.

I always called when i was feeling stressed or scared or had problems sleeping in general, especially now that we were in different countries.

"it's actually hot here in spain, alot different than england right now" he began, making me let out a soft chuckle at his decision to talk about the weather.

"and like, i think by the time i come and visit you it'll be cold so im trying to take it in before i have to suffer."

"hm... well if its really that cold i can warm you up with cuddles." i mumbled softly, being cheeky, although the sound of his chuckle in return made me feel warm for a moment.

"oh really?" he teased as he chuckled again, his tone sounding more relaxed now, finally getting into the mood to talk with me.

"mhm.." i mumbled as i grinned slightly, he was acting more like his playful self again, the tension lifting between us. "you won't get any sleep with me in the same bed..."

"that has two meanings..."he spoke as he let out another soft chuckle, his tone filled with humour.

"oh shut up you know that's not what i meant" we both laughed.

"whatever you say, just be quiet and let me continue rambling so your ass can finally sleep" he stated. "lay your head on your pillow, sink in your duvet and close your eyes. im right here" he instructed, hearing ruffling as i followed.

i lay back in bed, his soft chuckle filling my ears. "lamine, i'm so sorry if im bothering you, by the way" i apologized, genuinely feeling bad for taking his sleep away from him.

"shh, it's okay, amor. i've done this before" he consoled and he began to ramble for the next half an hour.

"never again, honestly being known has its perks but God does it kill me sometimes" he complained about his 5th topic. the line went silent for a minute, making him suspicious. "amor?"

He figured that i was already in deep sleep as he didn't get a reply back, my soft breathing pattern going through his speakers filled his face with a smile despite being tired than ever. "goodnight, love"

!AUTHOR NOTE!📝

here's a lamine one for my peoples who have asked.

idk why this imagine is so short, acc thought this idea would atleast last me 1.2k words but oh well 😭

I have reached the time of the year where homework is homeworking (ifykyk) and its just not funny anymore.

this is actually crazy, this book is growing so quick and i can't thank u guys enough and all the support you've been showing me, it genuinely helps me as a person to see than people actually like my work so thank you 😖

(remember to interact with my chapters and go follow my account, thank youu!)💕💞