006||Bukayo Saka

TACKLE

TACKLE

I RESTED MY leg on the low coffee table, spreading one arm over the couch's top with my left hand occupied with my phone as i scrolled through instagram.

I had just returned from university which meant i had missed Bukayo's match against man city. He had been nervous about it for ages, and always needed reassurance. He was bummed that i couldn't watch it but today, i could only watch the highlights afterwards.

The footballer barged through the door, dropping his duffle bag on the side, though he didn't look like he was alone. He was nudged out of the way a few times as he stubbornly stood in place.

I placed my phone on the arm of the couch, peeking to the side trying to see who was behind him.

Odegaard had an arm around bukayo, muttering a few words to him. I analyzed bukayo's stiff face, knowing something had gone wrong, he'd always come home with an upbeat tone, and it was no different if he lost, he was always positive.

"Y/N, you won't like to hear this" odegaard sighed, moving forward while dragging Bukayo with him. I stood up, approaching both of them.

I eyed bukayo, who seemed to be so interested in the carpeted floor. The room was awfully silent, as i stood facing them still waiting for either of them to confess. 

Odegaard began shaking him to speak but he just stood there, glancing at anything but me. I watched my boyfriend's face as his jaw clenched and his bottom lip hidden under his teeth,  he squirmed out of odegaard's grasp and stubbornly walked away.

"what's going on? why's he like that?" i asked, wanting to know what had gotten bukayo to be this devastated.

"he's just had a bad game and ended up tackling a player" he explained, peeking through to see where bukayo had disappeared to.

"what's so bad about that? tackling is a part of the game."

"im not sure, he'd just shut down after the match and refused to talk to anyone." he shrugged, watching my concerned expression. 

"you might have to check on him, because he only opens up to you" he chuckled, putting on his shoes.  

"yeah, will do" i smiled at his response, feeling happy that bukayo wouldn't even open up to his closest friends and that i was the person he relied on and trusted the most, not typically a good thing but im just glad he could talk to me.

I watched as Odegaard lifted his duffle bag, giving me a sympathetic smile then shut the door behind him.

My concern grew as i realized the situation im in. I rushed upstairs, knowing bukayo would be in the bedroom whenever he needed quiet space.

I knocked lightly on the slightly shut door, peeking through. "bukayo?" 

I found him sitting on my vanity desk chair as he wouldn't want to lay on the bed with his outdoor clothes on. His head down on his arms, as he rested on the desk, narrowly avoiding my products.

I walked in, not knowing how to comfort him, if i hadn't known why he was this upset. 

I called his name out a few times but his head was still down. "babe, what's wrong?" i kneeled in front of him, drawing circles on his back with my hand.

I gently lifted his arms away from his head as he reluctantly sat up but still slouching, hearing a few sniffles from him. My heart immediately ached at the sight of him, his face stained with tears.

"i tackled him, and now he's out for a few weeks." he blurted out quietly then returned his hands over his eyes. 

I froze not knowing what to do, he began wiping his eyes a few times as tears began rushing out.

"god, bukayo... it's not your fault, things happen" i caressed his cheek, hoping my words made a difference but he was still sobbing.

 I moved closer, engulfing him in a hug as he slumped his weight onto me. "don't blame yourself, if you didn't mean to then it isn't your fault" i repeated, feeling his warm breath onto the back of my neck as my shirt dried up his tears.

He rocked us back and forth in an attempt to calm himself down. 

Minutes later he pulled away, still visibly upset. I stood up, my back aching from the position i was in for a while, his palm returned to his face to dry his face as he stood up facing me.

I hated getting in these situations, not only because bukayo would be upset but because i'd never find a way to support him and calm him down, i'd always feel guilty for that.

He returned to stuff his face in my neck, his arms resting on my waist. I caressed his hair as he took a couple of deep breaths, placing a few sloppy kisses on my neck then turned to his wardrobe as he pulled out a clean white tank top and a pair of england shorts.

Not needing to shower as he had previously showered after the match in the changing rooms, he began changing quickly.

He laid on the bed, reaching his arms for me, as I moved closer to him. "i could heat you some food?" i suggested, seeing as he hadn't eaten anything since his return.

"im not hungry" he muttered, pulling the covers over the both of us.

"should i get you a drink?, ill make you a smoothie?" i spoke softly, wanting to make him feel better.

"im fine, Y/N. i promise i am" he pulled me closer and then placed his head in the crook of my neck as his arms swarmed around me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with his briefly wet curls. He shuffled around a few times until he ended up, laying his head on my chest and putting his full body weight on me.

He lifted his head up, non-verbally checking if he was too heavy for me making me shake my head in response.

Soon enough, i heard light snores coming from below me. I sent a few words telling Odegaard that he's just had a rough time and would be alright tomorrow for training, also thanking him for staying with bukayo though he wouldve been exhausted after the match.

I turned off the lamp on the bed side after tossing my phone to the side and snuggling with bukayo till i had fallen asleep, though my body was slightly numb from the weight above me.

!AUTHOR NOTE!📝

 is it just me or i don't know how to comfort people with words, cause i'd just start stressing out myself 😭