023||Guglielmo Vicario

CHANCE

CHANCE

-requested!-

AS SOON AS i walked through the door, the loud chatter accompanied by the music blaring from speakers surrounding the room created a tense and loud atmosphere only adding to the icky feeling i had as my feet started to ache from the heels i'd been wearing for the whole event and my emerald dress on the edge from sweeping the floor as i walked, my fingers pulling my dress up every second.

I rushed to the nearest seat by an empty table and finally released the pressure my feet had from the heels.

The event held by my brother had started around an hour or so ago and we were told to head inside as the night progressively got colder. many chose to remain outside though not bringing a jacket affected me enough to not think twice, obviously not wanting to ruin my outfit.

My head was feeling slightly dizzy as I struggled to focus through the loud, confusing conversation around me and people were constantly interrupting my thoughts. I started to panic as my fingers kept pulling my dress up and the loud music was overwhelming my senses. I had to escape so I was determined to push through the crowd towards the door and get some fresh air.

I made my way through the crowd, pushing back people so i could squeeze through. It was so hot in the room and I just wanted to take a few breaths of fresh air. I pushed myself out the door into the cold, refreshing breeze of the night. I took several deep breaths and felt relieved to be out of the suffocating atmosphere inside, noticing a few familiar faces walk in and out the door.

feeling content, the breeze swishing through my hair, reminding myself to never cramp myself in a place that would be full of people. My eyes roamed on people's faces until i noticed my brother with a friend. I immediately shoot up towards him, wanting to ask him to uber me home, my phone already out of charge.

He was yet to notice me as i placed a hand on his arm, his head turning towards me. "can you uber me home? my phone's dead." i quickly said, his eyebrows knitting together.

He stared for a few seconds, clearly surprised by my sudden arrival before asking "why do you need to leave this early?". His tone of surprise was genuine and i felt his friend stare at me with slight intriguness.

"i just feel dizzy here. too loud, can't focus. all these people and the music, a little much for my liking." i smiled at him, brushing the locks of hair off my eyes.

"oh" he paused, thinking for a second. "i get it," he nodded in agreement. "just before you go, i need you to meet an old friend." he moved out of the way creating a blank space between me and the person, soon disappearing somewhere after another friend came up to him but once our eyes clicked, the uneasy feeling returned and my face went pale.

"um, hi" i mumbled, my voice sounding strained from the uncomfortable situation, feeling so out of place. My eyes darted around to seek another way out of here, but his friend's face stayed locked on my own.