In the Club

I thought about it. If we go home, Gabriel wouldn't be by me anymore, so.... I might as well just enjoy this while it lasts. I hurried to the car and stood in front of Gabriel, he starred down at me.

" Do you want to go home?" He asked, his voice low. I shook my head with a smile. Gabriel put his hand into his pocket and I followed the movement with my eyes, he brought out....I couldn't tell but I knew it was a jewelry.

He took my right hand in his and slowly put the...... bracelet around my wrist. I raised my face to take a look at his, only to find that he was already staring at me.
" Happy birthday Liela" he whispered. I blinked. I wasn't expecting any other gift from him.

I lifted my wrist up to take a better look at the bracelet. It was silver, had a few heart shapes around it. It looked so beautiful. I looked at him again.
" It's beautiful.... Thank you" I said honestly.
" I'm glad you like it" he replied with an exhale.
' Was he nervous?' I thought.

Did he think I wouldn't like it, aww, that was so cute. My smile widened visibly.
" What is it?" He asked.
" Nothing" I said shaking my head. I stared up at him for a while and without thinking. I lifted my self, standing on my toes and placed a light kiss on Gabriel's cheek.

I stood back on my feet as I watched his reaction. He was still , with widened eyes before slowly looking at me. I was sure my face was red by now. I quickly opened the car door and sat at the passenger seat, closing the door.

I hoped he wouldn't talk about what I just did. I sat there waiting for him to get in. Gabriel walked around the car and entered sitting himself on the drivers seat.
After closing the door, he looked at me, I kept my eyes down while my hands rested on my laps.

Gabriel leaned closer pulling my seatbelt across my body but paused. " Don't play with me like that Liela. Might just make me feel you wouldn't mind" he whispered by my ear and then pressed his lip against my lower cheek, very close to my lip.

I froze in the spot. He finally belted me in and pulled away from me starting the car. I looked at him but he was now focused on driving.
' What did he mean?' I asked myself within. Was he talking about kissing me? I doubted. I probably feel that way because I've been thinking about kissing him for some time now.

We drove to a..... club according to Gabriel, he got down from the car and walked around it while I unbelted myself, he opened the door for me and I came out avoiding his eyes. He held my hand,not my wrist, he actually held hands with me and walked in with me. There were two hefty men outside but I didn't even have the time to look at them.

I was flabbergasted when we entered. It was filled with people. Most of the girls were dressed in ways I could never imagine. They were almost naked, I looked away from them to take a look at Gabriel's face. He seemed to be looking for someone with his eyes.

There were different colors of lights. People were dancing and drinking...... and....... kissing. I looked down at my feet.
' Is this place for prostitution or what?' I thought. Why would Gabriel even bring me here?

He suddenly held my wrist and led me through some people to the bar area. There was a very Muscular man with bald head and no beards at all who stood there, he was obviously the bartender.

" Hey Gabriel, I haven't seen you for a while now" he say, his voice very deep
" I've been busy" Gabriel replied

" Ah.. I see" the man nodded and his eyes finally landed on me
" Who's this.... She looks..." He stopped trying to find a word
" Cute" the man said and continued " Why bring such a....." He looked at Gabriel then back at me " She doesn't look like she belongs here" he said turning back to Gabriel.

Gabriel glanced at me " She's my cousin. I have to meet someone quickly, help me watch over her, I won't take long" he said and my eyes widened in realization that he was leaving me here.
" Liela, I'll be back, stay here for a few minutes please" he said and without letting me speak,he walked off...

" Welcome to... This. " He paused " welcome Angel, umm, don't accept to come here again next time" he grinned and I forced a smile " What do you want to drink?" He asked. I didn't have any money and I really didn't know if I wanted anything. However, the man who introduced himself as Millicent offered me a free drink.

It was a red wine and he said it wasn't alcoholic. It did taste sweet. I sat there waiting for Gabriel and after a while I saw him in the crowd talking to another guy while a girl clinged to his arm. I sat up straight.
Wasn't he supposed to be spending my birthday with? Why was he now with another girl.

I stood up with an unknown determination. I strolled into the crowd. Once I got to where Gabriel was, I softly tapped on his back. He looked at me before turning to face me completely.

The girl's hold on him loosened as she let go of his arm, making me feel a little relaxed.
" I told you to wait for me" Gabriel said
" I'm tired of waiting over there, can't I be with you?" I asked. He just starred at me silently.

God! I wanted him to like me, not just as his cousin. I knew what I wanted was stupid and unreasonable but I couldn't stop craving extra attention from him. I don't know how it got to this but I just wanted to be someone he liked alot. I moved closer to him while I kept my gaze on his face.

His eyebrows were slightly drawn together. I placed my hands on his arms holding on to him softly, hoping he wouldn't reject me with what I'm about to do. I would cry forever if that happens.

I lifted my heels from the ground, now standing on my toes as I slowly lifted myself and placed my lip softly against his. I stayed for a bit and slowly withdrew, standing back on my feet. He didn't respond to the kiss, he definitely didn't like me, I should have thought about it properly before taking such an action. I looked at him and he wasn't giving away any expression.

His eyes running over my face
" Liela" he spoke calmly. " I'm sorry" I said quickly. My eyed were about to tear up.
" I didn't know what I just did, I wasn't supposed... I..." I tried to explain. " Shut up" Gabriel said calmly and I looked at him.

_________________________
Please vote and Comment ❤️
Love y'all greatly for your engagement with this novel. 💗