Look at me

It was another day in school. Our exams were close by. I and Theresa sat at a table during lunch break. I knew Gabriel was right when he said Theresa wasn't my friend because she actually liked me, I knew it was because she wanted to use me in getting closer to Gabriel.

I didn't mind because I was desperate for a friend. But I've always been irritated by it.

She's been giving me weird attitude lately, it began when rumors started going around the school about how Gabriel and his cousin were being strangely close. Maybe she had realized that I wouldn't be able to help her in getting close to Gabriel.

Therefore, she had no use for me anymore. Most times she'd go sit with other girls, they'll talk and laugh while I sit all by myself.

I was surprised when she suddenly sat with me today. I slowly ate from my food while I also watched her . It felt awkward.
" You wouldn't talk to me?" Theresa asked
" Um... I don't... Know what to say" I admitted.

She rolled her eyes at me, but i ignored it.
" You know my brother likes you right?" Theresa asked. When I raised my head to look at her, she folded her arms across her chest
" I.... Don't understand" I was really confused.
" Harry. You know he likes you, stop acting like you don't know" Theresa spoke rudely.

I straightened my back. " Well... I know. I like him....." I was saying but she cut me off
" Oh stop playing innocent Liela. You know exactly what I'm talking about" she raised her voice.

I did know what she was talking about but I was trying to avoid the topic. Harry had never personally told me he felt anything for me. He only asked to be my friend.
    Although he made it obvious that he wanted us to be more than friends. However I felt nothing for him.

I felt uncomfortable whenever he talked to me. I've seen Harry acting same way he acts with me towards other girls. I knew Harry didn't actually like Love me. He was just like what Gabriel said he  was. Just playing around for fun. I've seen him flirt with countless girls. I knew he did more than that though.

Even if he was righteous, I still wouldn't have liked him because I felt strongly for Gabriel.
    I slowly covered my food as I stared at Theresa.

" Harry had never said he liked me and besides, I like someone else" I said. I mean, how can she be the one telling me Harry liked me. She was making it too obvious she wanted me out of the way so she could get closer to Gabriel.

Her eyes widened as she unfolded her arms. " Since when is that?" She asked, now curious. I didn't reply, I just sat there starring at her. Her face slowly changed to that if realization and then confusion. She leaned forward.
" Don't tell me it's Gabriel?" She asked in disbelief. I slowly nodded.

She leaned backward with wide eyes. " That's, that's, but you're cousins" she almost yelled. I packed my things and stood up.
" We're not" I said and walked out of the cafeteria.

     I hurried into the library. There were only a few people inside. I walked to the shelves and stood between two shelves. I just wanted to be away from everyone at that moment, Including Gabriel. I stayed in the library just seated on the floor starring at the book shelf in front of me.

I felt regretful for telling Theresa about my feelings for Gabriel.
' Would she spread the news?' I thought. I was scared.
    When I got bored. I picked up a book from the shelf and just scrolled through it, only reading sentences that caught my attention.

The school bell rang, I shot my head up in slight shock.
' School closed already? How long have I been here?' I asked myself as I quickly got up and kept the book back in the shelf. I slowly walked out of the library into the hallway. There were already students everywhere and others coming out of classes, creating a crowd in the hallway.

I bowed my head low trying to avoid any stares, just in case Theresa had spread the news but I noticed no one was starring tho. However I still kept my head low. I walked through the hallway, heading for the locker room so I could get my bag.

I collided into someone and staggered backward but I was immediately pulled back against the hard body. I looked up and it was Gabriel. I blinked. He had a deep frown on his face. I bowed my head not able to stop thinking about his hand that was wrapped around my waist holding me against him.

" Look at me" Gabriel demanded. I refused, there were people in the hallway and I knew they were secretly watching us. There were already rumors about us. Why was I suddenly so paranoid?.

I tried pulling away from Gabriel only for him to pull me closer. I looked up at him with a frown, he looked really angry. " Gabriel let go of me" I whispered in annoyance as I struggled to pull away. " Where have you been?" He asked. I paused and dropped my gaze to his chest.

" Not here Gabriel" I grumbled. I glanced at him only to see that his frown had deepened. Why was he so angry at me? " Leave me alone" I pushed against his chest and he let go. I looked at his  face. He just stared at me. I could tell he was angry but I wasn't in a good mood either.

Why my mood became so sour, I had no idea. I walked past him. I finally got to the locker room and saw Harry
" Hey beautiful" He smiled. I forced a smile in return. He walked up to me

" I haven't seen you in a while now, did I do something to offend you?" He asked leaning closer to me. I shook my head indicating a No. He used his hand in pushing my hair backward, a small smile playing on his lips.

____________________________

Please vote and comment