ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

"I'm not coming back." Those were the words that left Rory's mouth as she looked back at the grandiose house she never once felt to be home.

On the second floor, Rory could see her own father staring at her with a glass of wine in his hand. The way he looks at her is the same disappointed face he had shown her since goodness knows when.

Rory tugs the strap of her bag hanging on her shoulder. Lifting her other free hand and showing a middle finger to her father with a cynical expression.

Satisfied. She picked up her luggage and finally turned around. Never to look back to the nightmare house ever again.

As Rory walks on the long and lonely road of their extravagant subdivision. Every step she takes, the further she gets away from the house. It feels like every pin stuck to her heart is now all being pulled out one by one.

Leaving that house was the best decision she ever made in her entire life. It was never a home but a complete nightmare that had she stayed longer, her life would've been a total waste.

"Good evening Miss Traine!" The security guard greeted when he recognized the young lady walking out of the subdivision with her usual resting bi*ch face.

"Yeah! It's the best fu**ing evening." The girl murmured as she walked past the guard and stopped after crossing the street.

Rory managed to hail a cab after ten minutes at least. During the ride, she pulled out her phone and dialed her best friend's cell.

"Syra. Can I come over at your place tonight?" She asked.

'I'm not sure today girl! We're having a family dinner and my grandparents are coming over. Maybe some other time.' The girl replied from the other line.

"Yeah sure." Rory huffs and ends the call right away.

He turned to the window watching the empty canvas of the night sky. She had stared at it a billion times and it made her realize the truth how the night sky is always empty and dark. Even with the moon present, it's not enough to spread light. It's always gonna be dark.

About half an hour later, the cab finally dropped her off to her destination. Which is a train station that leaves in the next 15 minutes.

Rory had two options when she decided to leave the house.

It's either she stays the night with her best friend. And find a job the next day to start her own life with her family out of the picture.

Or leave the city. Go somewhere far away where nobody knows her. And start anew.

After getting her ticket, Rory got into the train and waited for ut to depart. Her chest somehow feels lighter than usual while the thought of leaving everything behind tasted so sweet to her.

"I'm never going back to this hell!" She said with a deep chuckle as she watched the scene outside the window.

A lot of people are walking in the station. Bumping each other without even apologizing and that truly sucks. They all act like they care nothing but their own. And it's such a huge relief to leave all that behind.

Rory leaned her back on her seat and relaxed as the train made the loud honking sound. Announcing its departure. She figured she'll get some sleep during the ride since it'll be a long way before she reaches her destination.

Originally. Rory would only move two cities away. That would have been the train's fourth stop before it returns home. But because she fell asleep, Rory wasn't able to get off her stop and the train continued moving. Passing the fifth and sixth stop while she's still sound asleep.