𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

"Let's begin." The officer said and opened his laptop to start typing Isac's statement.

Isac breathed deeply as he nervously fidgeted with his fingers. The officer came in about a few minutes late to get his laptop. And that few minutes inside the interrogation room alone made Isac contemplate a thousand times harder than he realized.

Is this what it feels to be questioned?

How many criminals sat on this chair and lied?

He couldn't stop thinking about it as he stared at his own hands under the table. For a moment, each time he blinks his eyes it's as if all the blood he had on his hands since he started killing was going back to cover his hands altogether.

And it feels so icky, heavy and dark. Isac felt so anxious he could barely think.

"It's okay, Isac. You can take your time. I know this is hard for you." The officer said, trying to comfort him after seeing the anxious look on his face.

Isac looks up to him. More worried of how things will turn out the more his thoughts become overpowered by anxiety.

"I'm sure you're scared too. But we promise we'll keep you safe. Johann's never gonna hurt you again." The officer continued to assure him.

"I'm still hurting." Isac muttered almost inaudibly and looked at the injury he gave himself.

"Even when I don't see him. I know he's watching."

"That when I just turn, I'm scared it will all become dark and I can't escape him again."

"It is scary. But I need you to be brave. With your help, it may be the only chance we'll ever have to give justice to all the people he had killed." The officer said to him and Isac looked at him with teary eyes.

"Imagine how much you'd be able to help those poor souls to get their justice!"

"You can help their souls rest in peace."

"Can I really do that?" He asked quietly and the officer nodded his head.

Isac became quiet. He kept his head low as he kept thinking and thinking. The officer was very patient with him, assuming he's still scared which is normal for the first ever victim to have escaped Johann's wrath.

It took about ten minutes before Isac finally started to talk.

"Last night, I wanted to see my girlfriend so I took the risk to go out. I thought he wouldn't find me if I kept hidden or took a longer road to get where he lives."

"So I took the road to the train station to go around the city. I figured he wouldn't pick that route so I'll be safe."

"But when I got to the station, I heard something from the woods across the rails. I followed the noise and that's where I saw Johann."

"He was burying something on the ground. I didn't see what it was..."

But those are all evidence that Johann kept as trophies from each of his kills. He said, it's to remind us both that we're one and we're killers.
He thought as he trailed briefly.

"Do you think it's something that can point to us where and who he really is?" The officer asked.

"I think so."

"I waited for him to leave to check what he buried. But I guess he knew I was there watching and he suddenly appeared out of nowhere."

"Can you describe what he looked like?"