ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

"You don't really have to walk me home. There's still lots of people everywhere." Rory said after Isac insisted to walk her back to her hotel.

They spent the whole day together and Isac almost forgot to return to the church. During lunch, they either spoke about the town or Rory shared a little about why she had to leave.

Isac also shared a little of his life in church and invited Rory to see him sometime.

When Isac finally got a call from one of the caretakers at the church, he insisted on walking Rory home.

The two stopped at the entrance doors and before Rory went inside...

"Stay inside... The killer will not touch anyone who's indoors. He only kills if he spots someone during the night." Isac said to her with a calm yet worried tone.

"Don't worry. I'm not that stupid to stay outside knowing there's a killer." Rory chuckled and gently hit the taller on his arm as a gesture of assurance.

"I... I want to see you again." Isac muttered. His cheeks were dusted a little pink and despite the dim clouds, the lights of the hotel are enough to show he's shy.

"I know you want to leave when the train comes back. And I understand..."

"But since you'll be staying a while..."

"Maybe you and I can hangout sometimes." He said as his cheeks grew redder.

"Are you asking me out?" Rory asked a little playfully while crossing her arms.

She wanted to laugh so bad seeing the panic look on Isac's face.

"I-if you're not comfortable, it's completely fine. We can just be friends! A-and I'll accompany you during your stay here! No strings attached! Promise!" Isac was suddenly babbling while waving his hand frantically.

Rory eventually laughed, leaving the taller speechless.

"Give me your phone." She said and reached out her hand.

Isac stared at it dumbfounded before he clumsily pulled out his phone from his pocket and gave it to her.

"I don't really give away my contacts easily." She said as she typed in her phone number with a fluttered smile. "I guess you'll be the first. I look forward to getting to know you, Isac." She said before giving back his phone.

Isac smiles fully at her.

"Me too. Have a good evening, Rory. I'll see you tomorrow." Isac said and watched the girl walk to the doors while turning her head back to look at him every five seconds.

As soon as Rory's out of his sight...

"Don't you dare mess this up, Johann. She's the only good thing that ever happened to me because of you." He muttered heavily to himself as he walked back to the church.

The next day...

Isac woke up with the same feeling of heaviness. He looked at his hands seeing the same familiar blood stains. Knowing very well how he got it.

He could only vividly recall what he. Or what Johann did. But he didn't wanna start the day reminiscing about his own crime.

Instead, his mind became occupied by a certain girl he had met and got to know for a whole day.

Rory is definitely not the first woman that Isac became friends with. He liked other girls before. But all of them were either chopped off to pieces and were never found. Or forced to kill themselves.
And it just all happened after an hour or two of meeting each other.