ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

"My friends and I always come here. The food here is great." Isac stated as they entered a familiar restaurant.

"I've dined here before. The food is great." Rory said while looking at the staff at the counter.

It's been days since she met the girl who works in that restaurant. And she had not run into her around the small town either.

"What do you wanna eat?" Isac asks as they go to the empty table by the corner of the store.

"Anything's fine." The girl replies as she takes a seat while Isac goes to the counter to order.

Rory turned to her to her side where she had a view of the road. Cars were parked on the side as more people walked to the restaurant for a hearty lunch.

The place is no doubt famous because many people still come despite it being the farthest from the town.

"What are you starting at?" Isac suddenly snapped her out of her trance. He turned to the latter who's now seated in front of her.

"Nothing. I just noticed there's so many people coming here." She said and miles at him.

"Yeah. This place is quite famous in town. Adam and her girlfriend work here too." Isac said and chuckled at the last part.

"Really? Isn't this place too far? There are more restaurants in the town."

"Which is why they pay well. Not many want to work too far so they have trouble hiring staff." Isac explained as he crossed his arm.

"The first time I arrived in this town. I dined here. I met a girl who works at the cashier. I believe it was around midnight. I guess I'm lucky to still be alive not knowing there's a killer on the loose." Rory huffed as she leans her back on the chair.

"Midnight? That's around the same shift my friends work here. They never get any customers around the time except people who got chased by the killer and would stay here to stay safe." Isac stated a bit concerned.

"Everyone here must've been surprised after seeing you." He added.

Rory also remembered the way the staffs looked at her especially right after she entered the restaurant. Even the receptionist at the hotel was the same.

"Yeah. They seem perplexed. I didn't understand at first but I guess it's the first for them to have a customer who doesn't look scared." Rory chuckled as she reminisce on the events.

"You're lucky." Isac said to her with a suddenly playful smile.

Their orders came in eventually and the two enjoyed their meal while talking about the evening of Rory's arrival.
Although there's not much to talk about, both of them find it interesting.

Rory thinks she's lucky to have avoided a serial killer on the loose. Isac on the other hand found it interesting how he would have ended up killing Rory. Had he not been busied by another victim, he would have never met her and got to know her.

After their lunch, the two hang out at the public library. There are a lot of people there too but most of them are hardworking students who prefer to study during their summer break.

The two walked on the aisle for second year high school. Rory is busy eyeing all the books while Isac just tailed behind her.

"I used to be a very good student. Although I think I still am... I used to love studying..." Rory was mumbling but it was enough for Isac to hear.

"You told me you got into trouble. Is it at school?" He asked.

Rory smiles bitterly as she traces her fingers on the binds of the books.

"It's not just school. The problem is everyone around me." She sighs and looks up at Isac's serious face.

"There's this guy I used to date. He was like my savior from my family. My family never saw the efforts I made to make them proud and he was the one who appreciated them for me."

"I thought he was all I needed. That if I had him, I wouldn't need anyone else's approval or appreciation."

"But I was wrong." Rory's tone sounded a lot sadder. She lowered down her head trying to avoid Isac's unreadable gaze.

She didn't know whether he pitied her or he didn't like to hear her talking about her past with a guy who betrayed her.

"Our relationship soon came to a turn. I thought we deeply cared for each other but I found out that I'm the only one who actually has real feelings."

"He was a total jerk. He made sure to get closer to me, enough for him to get enough reputation for himself."

"I brought him to the top with me then he betrayed me. As I fell, everything in my world crumbled with me."

"My reputation was ruined and my family became more furious."

"So I left. I abandoned them all and hoped to start again." She said and decided to look at Isac again.

But she was caught off guard when the taller male suddenly leaned closer to her. Their faces were a mere inch away from each other.
Rory mentally combusted as her mind panicked. She could only imagine how red she must've been right now. But Isac remained serious while staring intently into her eyes.

"I'd never betray you." He said with his deep voice.

"You don't have to bring me to the top with you because I'd rather stay with you where it's low."

"Sometimes it's better here than being at the place of greatness. You can go anywhere and even if you fall, it will not hurt as much."

"And I'll be here to help you up."

Rory cleared her throat as she took a step back. But not too far from Isac's endearing gaze.

"Are you sure? I'll only be here for a month. We have time to hangout but I will still leave. Wouldn't it be better if we just stay friends?"

Isac's serious face suddenly turned into a cute frown. His lips formed into a small pout as he looks at Rory.

"Won't you give me a chance? What if I can make you stay?" He asks that made Rory laugh a little.

"Aren't you a little too confident?"

"You don't win without confidence." Isac said proudly as he stepped closer to the girl again. "I have one month don't I? That should be enough to make you stay."

"Why do you want me to stay here Isac? I want to start a new life. I don't think this town with a serial killer around is perfect for that plan."

"I know this town is not ideal for your plan. But whether it's here or outside the cruel world. I still want to win you over."

"Why? What did you see in me that you want to pursue me so badly?"

That was the biggest question that made Isac contemplate his answer.

The next words he will say will now depend whether Rory lives the night. Or Isac will fight against himself to keep her alive.

"You're my savior."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.