8

It's true about the emptiness you feel when someone close to you begins to fill.

From fighting, laughter, crying, singing, protecting, everything underneath the sun to simply nothing.

Pure quietness
The annoying laughter that would fill the halls, the sweet tone her voice let out when she sung, the songbird.

How am I grieving the loss of someone who is not really gone but accessible to?

QB
Asgard

It's been 4 days since we've last seen solange and truth be told, I miss the little agitator

It's been 4 days since we've last seen solange and truth be told, I miss the little agitator. It's nice to know she's safe though, she texts me like every single day. But a text can only do so much when you're used to being around them 24/7. I need to physically check her out to know that she's truly okay.

At times, there's a late response or not one at all due to the distance between us both.

"I swear, when Solange gets back home..." my mother dragged. Little did she know...

"Ain't no getting back home.." I spoke as I tied Lunas hair up into one curly pigtail. I never thought I'd enjoy being a mother figure.

"There is because she has no choice."

"If the girl wanted to be home, she wouldn't have run away to begin with, am I correct? You can't force her to come back home, she'll just leave again. Just let her be, she seems at peace." I spoke on Solange's behalf.

Why do parents feel like forcing a child, threatening a child would get their point across. You can't keep someone somewhere they don't want to be kept.

"I am not leaving my child out there alone, unsupervised-"

"She's of age mama. She's old enough to take care of herself. Solange is a big girl, I'm pretty sure she's all set." I'm not sure how they think forcing solange back to Asgard will do any good. If anything, that'll make her resent them and she'll find a way right back where she's at. I feel like they should just let her be.

My father just shook his head as he walked back and forth across the floor. Onika was right, it's nerve wrecking.

"It just doesn't sit right with me."

"And that's understandable. But dad, we're growing up. We are eventually going to want to leave the nest. Doesn't mean we love it any less than what we do, we just want to explore, our own space, space to grow. Figure us out. I'm a princess by blood, but this is not what I want to do all my life."