Our Journey Begins

YESSIRR ANOTHER CHAPTER ON MY DAY OFF

I'm having so much fun with this story LMAO--

...

..

.

(Y/N) climbs down the side of the tower using the vines and the dagger Faunus had hesitantly returned to her, (Y/N) promising in exasperation she wouldn't cut his hair or use it against him. Her cloak was back over her shoulders, swaying a bit with her movement as she descends.

She looks down for a moment, sighing before glancing up. "Are you coming or what, sunshine?"

Faunus stands on his window sill, his hair hooked overhead as he clasps it nervously and his frying pan tucked under his arm. He peers down at the ground below, (Y/N) still climbing down carefully as she focuses on her footing.

"Look at the world, so close, and I'm halfway to it..." Faunus leans out a bit, his eyes trailing along the flowers littering the meadow below before he looks to the high cliffs. "Look at it all so big... Do I even dare?"

Faunus looks back at his painting, his eyes lingering on the floating lights before flicking down to him sitting on the tree.

"Look at me, there at last! I just have to do it."

He hesitates, "Should I..."

Quickly shaking his head, his expression becomes firm. "No. Here I go!"

Pascal croaks happily as he climbs onto Faunus' shoulder, tying some hair around his waist and giving Faunus a thumbs up. Faunus chuckles, nodding as he grins.

...

(Y/N) looks up in surprise when Faunus throws his hair out, her eyes following it down to the ground in awe as she blinks rapidly with confusion.

"What are you--" she starts, looking back up before exclaiming as she presses herself to the tower, avoiding Faunus as he slides down his hair like a pole.

Faunus laughs with glee as he spins around a bit, though his joy comes to a screeching halt when he notices how close he was to the ground. He stops himself from falling all the way, eyes wide as he stares at the grass below.

He slowly lowers his foot down, surprised at how soft the grass was beneath it as he lowers his other with awe.

He giddily laughs as he bounces his feet on the ground, taking a deep breath as he lowers himself onto his knees while setting the frying pan down.

"Just smell the grass! The dirt," he runs his hands through the grass, eyes shining with fascination. "Just like I dreamed they'd be!"

Faunus lays down with a smile, looking up and noticing a white dandelion as the wind gently flutters through the area.

"Just feel that summer breeze," he sighs out as he watches the white puffs of the dandelion flow away with the breeze. "The way it's calling me!"

He rises and runs after them, reaching for them before gasping in surprise when he feels a cold splash against his feet.

Faunus looks down, his feet submerged in the shallow pond as he grins.

"For the first time ever, I'm completely free!" he gathers some water in his hand, throwing it over him as a bird chirps and flies around him.

Faunus watches in with a soft gasp of awe, the bird chirping once more before flying up towards the sky.

"I... could go running," Faunus starts in a light jog towards the tunnel leading out. "And racing, and dancing, and chasing!"

He picks up speed, running in a full-on sprint now as he runs to the tunnel.