Maximus

BLAH THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT-- BUT I WANT IT TO BE 20 CHAPTERS BECAUSE I LOVE EVEN NUMBERS-- AHHH---

Don't worry! The next chapter was updated with this to make up for it my loves!

...

..

.

Birds sing softly as they fly through the sunlight in the trees, the morning warmth shining down on (Y/N) and Faunus as they slept soundly at their camp. (Y/N) was sleeping with her arms tucked behind her head, Faunus on the other side of the campfire bundled up in his hair with Pascal sleeping beside him, also tucked up in his hair.

A bright blue butterfly flutters down, circling over Faunus before making its way over to (Y/N). Its shadow moves across her face as she slept peacefully, her sleep disturbed as a water droplet falls onto her forehead.

She stirs a bit, eyebrows furrowing as she wipes at her forehead before relaxing once more.

Another droplet falls onto her, making her grumble sleepily as her eyes slowly open in question. Maximus stood over her, snorting furiously with a glare. Water dripped off his snout, his mane a bit wet as well.

(Y/N) blinks owlishly, slowly moving her arms out from under her as she props herself up on her forearms while staring at Maximus.

"... Hi, there. Don't suppose you'll let me get a five second head start?"

...

Faunus startles awake with Pascal as (Y/N) lets out a scream, Pascal's color changing red as he looks around on high alert. Faunus breathes heavily, quickly looking over to where (Y/N) was sleeping before gasping at the sight of a white horse dragging her way by her foot.

"Okay, that's a no!" (Y/N) shouts out frantically, digging her nails into the ground as she was dragged. "Put me down! Stop! This is a misunderstanding! Let go!"

Faunus staggers to his feet and runs after them, grabbing onto (Y/N)'s arms and yanking her back with all his strength as he backs up.

"Horse-- come on! Please!" (Y/N) exclaims in exasperation. "Let. Go!"

Maximus neighs fiercely while yanking her back, Faunus straining with effort as he tugs her back towards him.

"Give-me-her!" Faunus demands through clenched teeth, leaning back as much as he could as his hands grip her wrists tightly, (Y/N)'s hands holding his wrists as well.

Maximus snorts while shaking his head firmly, pulling back on her boot.

"Okay-- okay, ow, ow! This is starting to hurt!"

Maximus yanks back roughly, (Y/N)'s boot popping off and sending him flying back from the force. Faunus staggers back as well with (Y/N), the two exclaiming as Faunus falls back with her.

Faunus lands on his backside, (Y/N) landing over him with her hands on either side of his head. Both stare at each other with wide eyes, Faunus' face slowly brightening with a bright blush as he blinks rapidly.

(Y/N) looks back over her shoulder as Maximus nickers groggily, snorting angrily as he rises while digging his front hoof into the ground.

"Oh, man!" she exclaims, quickly rolling off Faunus and backing up on her rear using her hands and feet as he charges.

(Y/N)'s backside presses against the tree behind her as Maximus neighs while approaching rapidly, Faunus quickly recollecting himself as he scrambles to his feet while running to the horse.

"Whoa!" Faunus yells soothingly, arms outstretched on both side of him to block (Y/N) behind him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

Maximus skids to a stop in front of the man, his eyes darting from him to (Y/N) before he neighs and tries to go around.